Hearing test Audiology

whoisp

Hi Guys

Is there anyone that's had a Audiology hearing test? What db do they start with, how the test work? is it the frequencies you can't hear when they turn the loudness  down 

The chart saying serve hearing loss on the higher frequency is 80db, which makes sense. listening to stuff 6000 Hz and higher at 80db  would causes damage but i was interested how they do the test to measure this, given it would need to be the opposite, turning things down until you can't hear. So i would assume they start at a level and frequency and go lower until you cant hear ? 

image.thumb.png.aa4a3b72030911f7b72fe3496ab2ef4d.png

Most professional audiologists will start at low level and move up until you indicate that you can hear it. That eliminates psyco-acoustic precognition. And they will jump around in frequency too.

I have my hearing tested every 3 years. I still have 18k in both ears at age 65. 

Always wear hearing protection around loud sustained noises, and haven't been to a rock concert since 2003.

I consider myself VERY lucky!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colin Nicholls said:

I've got an appointment on May 8. I'll let you know how it goes.

But, yes, the last time I had one, they gradually lowered the volume until I couldn't detect the sound; words, tones, etc.

ive got appointment on the 9th lol 

2 minutes ago, OutrageProductions said:

Most professional audiologists will start at low level and move up until you indicate that you can hear it. That eliminates psyco-acoustic precognition. And they will jump around in frequency too.

I have my hearing tested every 3 years. I still have 18k in both ears at age 65. 

Always wear hearing protection around loud sustained noises, and haven't been to a rock concert since 2003.

I consider myself VERY lucky!

So once they find a comfortable level they jump round frequencies then start turning nit down by 10 or 5 db at a time?