Cinesamples Musio Updates

husker

For those who went for the Musio deal, there is an update this morning that brings most of their April 2023 roadmap into Musio.  I see CineWinds Pro, CineBrass Pro, Tina Guo Solo Cello, Industry Brass Pro, and a few others that are new.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I had not looked at Musio until recently and I have been trying out the 14 day free trial to see if I would but up for a subscription.

The current roadmap for releases and new features is here.

https://musio.com/coming-soon/?_kx=7bYm_UvUC-D5nnkU-7zfm17lQtGjIg5vkt1bZPzTVKjwj04Cq1orJhWdIT11iUCq.TQPahU

Two things stood out for me with the current status.

• Lack of key switching so every articulation you intend to use has to loaded as a separate instance.  Its good to see that key switching will be introduced soon.
  • Lack of instrument specific interfaces, this meant the synths in particular were pretty mehhh as there was no way to do even basic tweaking of each patch, again this will be addressed soon.

Improvements to the effects and mixer are also in the pipeline. I think I would tend to mix and add fx in the DAW so the current basic level of the current feature set was not as big a drawback as the other two.

All in all I like Musio and the libraries a lot. I am particularly taken with the Gina Luciana flutes. I already had  some of the Tina Guo  cello libraries for Kontakt and find them excellent.  I am working through the currently available stuff and only the synths have been a negative so far.

I like the way you can quickly preview a sound before downloading. You only need to download the articulations you want to use which will help people low on disk space, of course this may change when they introduce key switching,

Temptation to subscribe (currently $99 a year) is rising. Blowing 10 years subscription price on a perpetual licence does not make sense to me but the option is there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I had not looked at Musio until recently and I have been trying out the 14 day free trial to see if I would but up for a subscription.

Temptation to subscribe (currently $99 a year) is rising. Blowing 10 years subscription price on a perpetual licence does not make sense to me but the option is there.

I jumped at the lifetime for 499 but the annual sub was still 199.  I think the smart move would be taking the $99 sub for a year,  or maybe even monthly at $10. I really like their engine what they have now, but you never know about their ability to meet future projected updates/libraries.  If they release all they have promised so far by the end of the year I will be very happy.