[SOLVED] Content Location Browser (Default Folder?)

Andres Medina

Question

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, OutrageProductions said:

In the documentation section titled 

"Using Content Location presets."

"The Media Browser allows you to save and recall presets to quickly access your favorite folders."

Is that what your looking for?

Thanks!

mmm, no... when I first open the media browser it always opens certain folder (i.e Midi Groove Clips folder, that i never use), and don't know why. Nothing important, just annoying :)

It seems that it's not tied to last saved file, or a template, so I'm a bit lost -

I rarely use the internal browser, but I just did some quick experimentation:

If I save a project with the media browser open and set to a particular folder (Audio, Midi Groove Clips, etc.) and then reopen it, it seems to come back open with the same last viewed location. I tested a bit (tho not extensively) if Workspaces has any effect, and couldn't conclusively determine anything other than the browser opens (my default is Plugins) to the Media Browser, so it may be a combination of setting the browser tab open, save Workspace, then set your default view folder in media browser and save project. It would seem logical that saving (or modifying) your project template may do what you want. Worth trying.

[edit] I just made a copy of my default project template, changed the browser view to Media/Audio, saved the template, closed CW, restart, reopen project and it is Media/Audio. Opened my original default template and browser opens to Plugins.
Things that make you go "hmmmm".

Edited by OutrageProductions

Thanks for your feedback and tests!

I wasn't unable to get the same results that you got, but after another series of quick tests found out that the default browser folder appears to be linked to the active Screenset. So, I unlocked the screenset, locked again (it seems the only way to "save the screenset"), and it saved the selected folder with it.

Yes screensets are saved with projects. Workspaces are global. The last workspace you used opens next time.  
Workspaces do not save things like which browser tab you last used. It just saves the layout of what views are open in the browser. like the synth rack and where it was and how big.  
Sceensets still allude me as they don’t work like the workspaces in that when you like a set up you save it. Someday I’ll read the manual 🫤

But that’s an interesting question as I’ve never really paid attention to what tab is open by default. I does seem to be the effects.  

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1