Need Theme Editor

johnegenes@gmail.com

Question

Hello, 

I have had Sonar X3 Platinum installed for quite a while, but haven't been using it. Now, I'd like to mess around in it a bit, and would like to edit the themes. The Theme Editor doesn't seem to be installed, and it isn't offered when I log into my Cakewalk account using the Command Center. I have reinstalled the software using my installation file, but the editor isn't included (probably an older version). Now that they have abandoned X3, I reckon they don't offer the Theme Editor anymore.

I have looked online for the installation files to download but have come up empty. Does anyone know where I can download a copy of the Theme Editor? 

thanks,

--john

3 answers to this question

I’m not sure what you mean by “SONAR X3 Platinum”. As far as I know SONAR X3 only came in base, Studio and Producer versions. The Theme Editor was released with SONAR Platinum 2016.07, so if you indeed have SONAR X3 and not SONAR Platinum, the program won’t read user theme (*.sth) files and you’re out of luck.

The obvious remedy is of course to download the free Cakewalk by Bandlab and its optional Theme Editor and start theming: https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

Edited by Canopus
  • Great Idea 1

@Canopus: my mistake. I had X3 and upgraded to Platinum, so yes... it's Platinum. but still.... there's no Theme Editor packaged with it. 

@ Promidi: Thanks for that! I did not realize that Bandlab had re-released Sonar. I thought Bandlab was still the entry level DAW. I've just installed it and am installing the plugins now, which include the Theme Editor. Thanks again. I appreciate it. 

best,   --john