Glitchmachines updates

Starship Krupa

I was checking my updates at Plugin Boutique (something I recommend) and found that Glitchmachines have been busy. The entire line is now available as VST3's, and in cases where the UI's weren't scalable, they are now:

Instruments:

• Palindrome
  • Cataract
  • Polygon
  • Quadrant

FX:

• Convex
  • Cryogen
  • Fracture XT

Those are just the paid ones, Fracture and Hysteresis have also gone through changes.

In order to get the updates, the only way I found to download them was through my user account at Plugin Boutique. I've never bought anything from them direct (considering that PB puts the entire line on sale a couple of times a year at 90% off), but I'm sure there's some way to get the installers from them.

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, abacab said:

I recall that the freebies had updated versions a while back. Downloaded them directly from the Glitchmachines website.

Yes, that's the place to get Fracture and Hysteresis.

I can't see anywhere on their site to get the updates for the paid products. AFAIK, they don't have trial versions, never seen a license key.

I don't know if they even have a licensing mechanism other than the fact that you have to be kinda out-there to want them in the first place. Matter of fact, when they're working correctly, they make the kind of sounds that other companies use in their unregistered trials to make the stuff "unusable."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

you have to be kinda out-there to want them in the first place.

Speaking of "out-there", have you checked out DS Audio Tantra 2 yet? An awesome sound design-y plugin. It's definitely all about altering your sound, but mostly in a more controlled musical way than Glitchmachines. Better UI as well! And the "dice" feature is the bees knees. Generates random patches. :)

On sale right now at Plugin Alliance for $29. https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/ds_tantra_2.html

Add movement, dimension and rhythm to any track
Tantra 2 is a rhythmic multi-effects plugin that creates mesmerizing rhythmic sequences from any source material, no matter how flat or dry. Take lifeless basic synth sound, a deep and evolving pad, or even an arpeggiated sequence and instantly reshape it, making it sparkle and come to life with just a few clicks.

Includes 8 Flexible multi-stage modulators
Create rhythmic modulations using 8 powerful effect stages including filter, distortion, delay, lo-fi, glitch, and more. Tantra 2 includes two layers of each main effect, allowing you to make independent sub-patterns in your rhythms. A master reverb and equalizer/exciter at the output stage help you finalize your sound. 

Edited by abacab