Audio Issues

Johnny-D VGM

Question

Hey,

So it seems that Cakewalk, for me, has decided to just stop working audio-wise. There's no audio coming from recording or play back, Even the metronome, which I had on for both playback and recording, isn't making any noise. Now, usually when something goes wrong, like this, or updating Opus in the middle of working on my project, I always copy my MIDI and paste it into a separate project so I always have it and don't have to rerecord it, that way if I need to delete any tracks for some reason, I can copy the MIDI from the back up project and paste it back where it was before. When I first had this audio issue, I tried deleting the tracks, copying and pasting the MIDI tracks from my back up MIDI project, readding the same tracks with the same instruments I had before, then putting the MIDI back in the tacks they belong in. It worked, but then when I reopened Cakewalk after  exiting to take a break, the same problem was back. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but if so, I would appreciate some pointers. Thank you.

5 answers to this question

On 4/13/2023 at 5:06 PM, mark skinner said:

Have you checked your bus outputs and your interface in preferences. I've lost a driver before for no apparent reason but , I've always gotten a message about "silent outputs".    

I don't think that's the issue. If it were just that, the metronome would still be working. I honestly don't know what it could be other than Cakewalk just being weird and flaky. 

3 hours ago, Johnny-D VGM said:

I don't think that's the issue. If it were just that, the metronome would still be working.

Do you not think your metronome also goes thru your interface ?

On 4/13/2023 at 5:06 PM, mark skinner said:

Have you checked your bus outputs and your interface in preferences.

I guess the answer to this is no ..