FR: PRV Controller Lane Bypass Switch

sjoens

If there isn't already a way to turn on & off or bypass a MIDI track's controller lane, it would be nice to add it. Prefer individual CC lanes but even all lanes at once, so we can make quick A/B checks.

A time consuming Convert to Envelopes could be a work-a-round, but not very efficient.

• Great Idea 1

I have at times used one Instrument track for the MIDI notes and added another MIDI track for the controllers and automation, and keyswitches (before the Articulation map days) so that I could edit/transpose the notes without messing up any of the controllers, then bundled all into a folder. Now with ArtMaps and Automation lanes, I generally don't do that as much anymore.

But I like your idea if it wasn't buried too far in the UI. Like a small popup menu below the Controller lanes in PRV similar to the Transform Tool. <Bypass Active> or <Bypass All>

23 hours ago, sjoens said:

Deselecting this helps:  But it can be tedious at times.

1842859876_controllerson-off.png.b9b364cabeb991e43cacf197bce97818.png

I have assigned a keybinding for this  (In my case, SHIFT + C under PRV keybindings)

Though an on screen indication of status would be nice (without having to mouse to the PRV menu).

• Great Idea 1