Latency woes again

BenJHayes

Pulling out my hair now!

Run the same project on my  i9-139000K 64Gb ram and on a Dell Optiplex with 16gb ram - same Focusrite interface and drivers.

The monster rig struggles with latency and stuttering where as the poor little office Pc runs it smooth as butter with ultra low latency!

I have tried disabling all unnecessary services but still the same result. Could this be a muti core latest gen Intel issue?

I've been a Sonar and Cakewalk user for years and never had a single latency issue even in the days of core duo CPU's.

Not sure why you are calling it latency?  What is important is-- can that computer play a large project at lower buffer settings. If it can't, then you need to increase the buffers which of course increases the latency. 

A DAW that is stuttering is suffering from either too low a buffer setting or something is running in the background creating DPC issues. run this to check.

https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Other common issues can be a plug in having trouble accessing a library 

An incompatible Plug in 

The internet is running something.

Graphic card issues.

Interface ASIO driver not up to date or user not using ASIO. 

Edited by John Vere
Clarify answer

Thanks for this -just ran the tool and its telling me that there is a problem with a driver DPC routine running too long or a power management issue.

I will investigate but thanks s for providing the link.

Edited by BenJHayes

Ok, so I know what's causing the issue but don't have a fix.

I start in safe mode and use driver cleaner to remove my display adapter driver (Nvidia RTX 4070TI).

Before Windows installs the Nvidia driver automatically everything is fine with no issues. The moment the Nvidia driver is installed I get the same problem reported -the DirectX Driver Kernel.

I have tried reinstalling DirectX but this makes no difference.

The problem isn't there in Studio One so is this a Cakewalk bug with 4000 series graphics cards?

Thanks for the input -definitely Nvidia causing the issues although I previously had a RTX 2080 and no problems so I'm assuming its the latest drivers.

I have disabled MMCSS in the Asio panel and even though Latencymon reports the same issue the DAW is actually running smoothly at very low latency!

Does anyone know what MMCSS does and why this has solved the problem?