My Steinburg UR22mk2 won't show up in Cakewalk as an Input.

Wil

Question

I have Windows, and Cakewalk is my Daw. The Steinburg UR22mk2 shows up as an input in my computer settings but won’t show up in Cakewalk. There’s no selection for my interface in Cakewalk. I can hear YouTube videos and my guitar in my headphones connected to the interface, but not the metronome in cakewalk. Help? 

Edit: I figured it out, but now there's no input from my guitar. it's selected, but no signal is coming through. The inputs on my interface are up, and I can hear my guitar but no signal in Cakewalk. 

Edited by Wil

13 answers to this question

21 hours ago, Giorgio Gabriel said:

I have the same UR22mk2. I suggest to download and install the drivers from the manufacturer (https://o.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads_hardware/downloads_ur22mk2.html) and then to use Cakwalk in Asio mode.

Regards,

Giorgio

Ok so my driver mode was in WASAPI, and so i changed it to ASIO. But when i did that, I got this message

551164838_Screenshot2023-03-16151715.png.99f5cffacfa2bd2921a049926395b2a4.png]

When I hit Use anyway, It says

1752283553_Screenshot2023-03-16151943.png.b4c0a8a1b454d4c7f793d199cc46b69f.png

After this, The Steinburg won't show up as a input unless I change it back to WASAPI.

Edited by Wil

4 minutes ago, Wil said:

Ok so my driver mode was in WASAPI, and so i changed it to ASIO. But when i did that, I got this message

551164838_Screenshot2023-03-16151715.png.99f5cffacfa2bd2921a049926395b2a4.png]

When I hit Use anyway, It says

1752283553_Screenshot2023-03-16151943.png.b4c0a8a1b454d4c7f793d199cc46b69f.png

But did you download the ASIO driver from the Steinberg link?  RealTek ASIO won't work . 

Edited by 57Gregy

4 minutes ago, 57Gregy said:

But did you download the ASIO driver from the Steinberg link?  RealTek ASIO won't work together. 

Yes, I believe i did. I clicked the link, downloaded it, and clicked 'setup' in the folder and followed the instructions. 

What shows up in Preferences - Audio - Devices? 

Is the UR22mk2 listed there.  If so, what happens if you select only the UR22mk2 and in Preferences - Audio - Playback and Recording, select ASIO driver mode?

In fact I would even temporarily disable the Realtek onboad audio as part of the troubleshooting.

2 hours ago, Promidi said:

What shows up in Preferences - Audio - Devices? 

Is the UR22mk2 listed there.  If so, what happens if you select only the UR22mk2 and in Preferences - Audio - Playback and Recording, select ASIO driver mode?

In fact I would even temporarily disable the Realtek onboad audio as part of the troubleshooting.

In Preferences - Audio - Devices, my gaming headset and my Steinburg show up. I have the Steinburg selected, and It has been selected the whole time. How do I disable the Realtek onboard audio?

Also I heard that this Steinburg has a sepreate software tab that show meters and has amp sims. Should that be open? 

(here is a photo of Preferences- Audio - Devices) 

10420027_preferansaduidevices.png.3e2fc0a89767f60e413804dd24947886.png

I am assuming you are in ASIO driver mode as the Realtek is greyed out.

BTW, you can either disable the Reattek in the Windows device manager or deactivate it in your computers BIOS. (BIOS method is different per PC)

Can you please show me a screenshot where you expect the UR22mk2 to be listed, but it is not.

15 hours ago, Promidi said:

I am assuming you are in ASIO driver mode as the Realtek is greyed out.

BTW, you can either disable the Reattek in the Windows device manager or deactivate it in your computers BIOS. (BIOS method is different per PC)

Can you please show me a screenshot where you expect the UR22mk2 to be listed, but it is not.

Ok so I was just trying again to turn on ASIO, and I enabled it anyway after the pop-ups I got from my message earlier, and it automatically turned my input in Preferences  - Audio - Devices to "Realtek ASIO HD Audio input 1"- so I just changed it to "Yamaha Steinburg USB ASIO", and its now the interface is showing up as an input. But, I'm still getting no signal. 

Here's where I was originally not getting the Steinburg to show up as an input in ASIO mode, but it's here now. 

1431003242_Screenshot2023-03-17150732.png.54c3cf2a87c662ddede9c0092540fa91.png

Edited by Wil

3 hours ago, Promidi said:

That’s progress.

What happens if you enable input echo?

Yes that worked! I get a single in cakewalk, the meter goes up, and I can here the amp sim that I have one, as well as the DI track through my headphones. Thank you for all of your help! 

• Like 2