Articulation Map AAS Strum GS-2

Nigel Mackay

Busy with this. Assigning keypresses for the Guitar and Loop modes is easy.

All the other controls can be assigned to CCs. But there are a lot of controls.

I can do Tremelo On/Off and Depth. Does anybody REALLY need anything else done? 😀

Of course, this depends on AAS helping me find the saved Default MIDI Map.

[Edit] Not shareable. 

I will do a drum map just for arpeggios in Guitar Mode. 

Edited by Nigel Mackay

for tremolo, i would want to control rate as well as on/off and depth. i tend to switch on/off the distortion for various sections - so on/off and level are good. and reverb - on/off, time, and level. if i need more variations i would likely create a second synth and related bits -- like chorus, phase, etc etc. presumably though i can use the automation envelopes for the rate changes.

Edited by fossile

Thanks for undertaking this.  I have played around with the GS-2 and tested a few ideas in some songs, but haven't done anything with Articulation Maps in CbB yet.  Hosted in Voltage Modular, I have access to all of the exposed parameters, but I might be able to get into Articulation Maps with your articulation map.   

As for Default MIDI Maps, I was under the impression from the manual that the default maps were determined by users (by saving MIDI Learned parameter assignments as the default).  I'd be interested to know if AAS provides a factory default map.

Creating a default MIDI Map It is possible to define a a set of MIDI links, called a MIDI map, that will be loaded automatically when Strum Session is launched. Once you have defined a set of MIDI links that you wish to save, click on MIDI button to open the MIDI configuration window and click on the Save Current as Default button.

If you make changes to MIDI links after opening the program and wish to revert to the default MIDI map click on MIDI button to open the MIDI configuration window and click on the Load Default button.

If you wish to deactivate all the MIDI links at once open the MIDI configuration window and click on the Clear MIDI Map button

On 2/12/2023 at 10:58 AM, Nigel Mackay said:

Of course, this depends on AAS helping me find the saved Default MIDI Map.

Are you looking for where user-saved Default MIDI Map.txt is saved?

• 2 weeks later...