Trying To Activate Cakewalk Offline

profwacko

In the directions for using Bandlab Assistant for offline activation of CbB, it says something about clicking on a button next to the Open button in BA on your online computer.

I have BA installed on my online computer in my office, but I do not have CbB installed on it.

Since the only option shown in Apps tab in BA is Install, does this mean the in order to activate my offline CbB app, I must install CbB on my online computer as well, even though it will never be used for music production in my office?

Or more likely, am I missing something here?

ADVthanksANCE

-Jack (non-active in Central Texas)

So, I acquiesced to The Powers That Be and installed CbB on my office computer and successfully activated my spiffy new Cakewalk app on my studio computer, using the activation file create by BA on my office computer.

This seems like a needless step, forcing an app to be installed on my office computer that will never be used.

Does this seem odd or is it just me?

Of course, look how I turned out. >8]

-Jack (finally activated in central Texas)

PS: Retired software engineer and former SONAR beta-tester.

I can think of a few. We live in a mostly rural area where there is limited cell service And internet outside of the small urban area is also expensive and slow because it’s coming from a satellite  .  

So around here there’s plenty of people who can only download or upload when they go to town.  

Therefore the internet and if it’s available is expensive and especially if you use your monthly allotment of say 20 GB.

I used to do all my music stuff at a friends house who had proper bandwidth. Now I have moved to town problem solved. 

I also know lots of jam rooms are in outbuildings and beyond the wi fi range from the house. Not everyone knows how to run CAT5 cable through the trees 

• Like 1