Hmmm....not picking up my guitar recording

Blackwater

Hi there,

I am using a Blackstar Ht20II and have a USB a to b cable plugged into my USB port. In bandlab, it is recognizing the usb cable so I am selecting Line (HT Series) as my input.

However, when I record - its doing it through the microphone I am assuming and not picking up the clear good signal that it was last week. I don't think I have changed any settings on my amp unless my kids hit something I am not seeing - did I perhaps change a setting in bandlab that it is causing it not to pick it up clearly? Other than the input drop down im not sure what else could be wrong?

Thank you

13 hours ago, Blackwater said:

In bandlab, it is recognizing the usb cable so I am selecting Line (HT Series) as my input.

Do you mean the DAW known as Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB) or the phone app Bandlab?
Windows updates often change your settings without warning. Did you check the inputs to the track you're recording to?

Yes sorry, Cakewalk that I am using on my PC.

I did check the input of the guitar (in Cakewalk) and there are 3-4 options there (microphone, etc etc). When I plug in the USB cable, that new option comes up, and that is the one I am selecting.  I am just wondering if maybe some other setting got changed/updated that isn't recognizing that...its very strange.

Until you get a proper audio interface designed for DAW use you will likely be struggling with your equipment.

From the description above, this is the missing piece of gear.

Currently it seems you are trying to manage at least two audio interfaces, the one built into the guitar amp and the one used by the microphone (a USB microphone is a combination of a standard microphone with an integrated audio interface).

With a proper audio interface, the guitar would use a microphone and/or line out to the interface and the microphone would connect to a dedicated microphone input on the interface, the interface would connect to the PC and ultimately to the DAW.

Regardless of whether the audio interface is built into the PC, a guitar amp, USB microphone or purpose-built for a DAW, all audio interfaces attach to the DAW the same way:

Posting Images of these screens may help.