midi keyboard is recording and playing back to only one side of headset

marieal gaines

Question

hey,brand new to making music and am totally green and clueless,even this keyboard is a giveaway from a friend but Im trying to use it to record a sample with a vst3 synth plugin but for some reason it records and plays back only to the left side of my headset with noting to right and its driving me mad.how do I fix this?

midi keyboard is a mkp mini mk2 and vst3 is CT-WS1 by halley labs.

4 answers to this question

More important question is what are you using for an audio device to record and playback?  This sounds like you are recording a mono signal to a stereo track. Toggle the track interleave button.

I would suggest you watch some of the beginning tutorials in the tutorials forum and/or look at the documentation which has a few getting started tutorials as well.

• Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, reginaldStjohn said:

This sounds like you are recording a mono signal to a stereo track.

It does sound like that, but OP said it was a VST which will almost certainly have a stereo output. So then the question is: how is the synth being inserted? As a simple Instrument track or separate MIDI and Synth audio tracks?

I sould suggest trying something more mainstream in freeware synths than CT-WS1 or one of the bundled synths in CbB to get started.

3 hours ago, David Baay said:

It does sound like that, but OP said it was a VST which will almost certainly have a stereo output. So then the question is: how is the synth being inserted? As a simple Instrument track or separate MIDI and Synth audio tracks?

I sould suggest trying something more mainstream in freeware synths than CT-WS1 or one of the bundled synths in CbB to get started.

its not the vst,I tried another program before this and it worked fine but unfortunately that program disallows you from actually exporting anything unless payed for hence my switch to this

32 minutes ago, Syphus said:

Are your head phones working correctly?   Just a thought . . .

they are

7 hours ago, reginaldStjohn said:

More important question is what are you using for an audio device to record and playback?  This sounds like you are recording a mono signal to a stereo track. Toggle the track interleave button.

I would suggest you watch some of the beginning tutorials in the tutorials forum and/or look at the documentation which has a few getting started tutorials as well.

il try to find that button