If you are into older games

kitekrazy

Gives me flashbacks to the time I ran game servers.  I had a T1 line going to my home (unheard of in the 1990's) and had the second-most popular game server on the West coast called n2o's Gas House (my gamer name was n2o, the chemical formula for Nitrous Oxide - my tag line was "You'll die laughing!" 😁).  Quake I, Quake II, Half Life, Counter Strike and mods of those were featured. 

I was working as a consultant to Verizon Wireless at the time which was only about a half-mile from my house so I, along with a few friends at work, would pop over at lunchtime and after work to play together.  We were in leagues with two teams (which my team would typically win) for Counter Strike.  My friend had mods for Quake which changed the bots into Simpsons characters or naked women and I created two popular maps for Half Life.  At one point in time, there was a database of 340,000 Quake I players and I was ranked in the top-25!  My friend and I had perfected using Expert trackballs (see pic below) and, since we sat right next to the servers, we had VERY low pings!  We were the definition of LPB's which gave us a huge advantage.  We were constantly branded as cheaters in league until the required match videos were watched.  It was fun pwning kids half our age.  😆

ExpertMouseTrackball.png

The only screenshot I could find quickly from a random Counter Strike match.  The Clan Tag "MiE" was something I always kind of thought was stupid that my friend (who went by the gamer name of Pigg) came up with.  It was short for Militia Elite.  Ok, whatever! 

n2o_owns_again.jpg

Fun times!