MIDI drum files of cover songs for Cakewalk

Al Robbins

Question

I’m not sure if this is the correct place to post this question or not - please forgive me if it is in the wrong place. Everyone on these forums have been extremely helpful! 
My question is this -

Is there anywhere I can find MIDI drum files of cover songs that I can simply copy/paste (import) into Cakewalk then use my Addictive Drums 2 as the virtual instrument for the drums? 

I have looked into Guitar Pro 8 (with mysongbook).  Mysongbook FAQ says you cannot import the files - so that seems like it would not work with what I want to do. Although both seem to be very rich with the accuracy of the instruments. I don’t mind paying for this if I have to and the price is decent. 
I’m looking for something easier than reading the drum notation and entering one note in at a time in the sequencer/piano roll or whatever view. 
My purpose is to learn the cover songs as written then spin them with my own style, similar to what Leo does from Frog Leap Studios, or like Trust Company did with Rock The Casbach, or like Marilyn Manson did with Sweet Dreams. That kind of thing. 

Does anyone have any recommendations? 
Also - I know copy/paste (import) of MIDI, sometimes, well a lot of times, you have to make adjustments with the MIDI file after you paste(import) it into Cakewalk. Specifically with AD2 - changing the MIDI map to General MIDI. Learned that right away! LOL! 

What do you recommend? 

2 answers to this question