WaveDNA's Liquid Music & Rhythm 1.7.0 Bundle $99 (reg $199)

Spice3d

https://shopify.wavedna.com/collections/all

The co-founder passed away a couple years ago. Hasn't seen a update in a while, however, I contacted the company and got this info:

Yes, we are indeed still around and still developing. We have been delayed with our releases lately as we continue to resolve some issues with Mac ARM native mode in some DAWs and some issues with the Max for Live AMXD in Ableton 11 on Windows. We are in touch with the developers to address these issues and have some Beta Builds available. I'm testing a new Windows build myself now.

Thanks for your interest and we hope you give our software a try!

Best,
-Glen

WaveDNA Tech Support

There's a free trial. It's a pretty cool piece of software. A lot of overlap with, say, Captain Chords, but it's a totally different approach. I like the chord voicing and rhythm features. 

I had the original Liquid Rhythm which they stopped selling (and supporting) separately. It offers a unique take on creating your own MIDI rhythm patterns that I found quite interesting. I could use it in the DAW to drive another drum plugin without having to rely only on the LR internal drum sounds. Better than working with pre-made loops too!

It's good to hear that WaveDNA will continue development of their software! :)

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, abacab said:

It's been 3 years since LM 1.7.0 was released. I would probably jump on an LR 1.4.5 to LM upgrade if they release a new version. Understand the delay, of course. Will be waiting... ;)

I wonder whether WaveDNA thought they might be near the end for a while, and caught a second wind?

I really liked Liquid Rhythm, too, and kept an eye out for deals on Liquid Music. Last Black Friday, I snagged the combined LM/updated LR package at Best Service for $34. I don't recall for certain, but I don't think the price was contingent on owning an earlier Liquid Rhythm version.

Maybe that was just a very special deal (or a glitch), but I'm hoping the higher price this year means they're actively working and supporting and building new things, as the email above suggests.

1 hour ago, Zolton said:

I wonder whether WaveDNA thought they might be near the end for a while, and caught a second wind?

The co-founder passed away a couple of years ago, and I believe he was the main technical guy/inventor behind their technology.