DEAL EXPIRED Karanyi Minipool Synth Plugin FREE!!! REG $49 USD (with code)

PavlovsCat

2 hours ago, chris.r said:

Better start saving for all new mass storage before his comeback 😂

It's just a theory but did everyone ever consider that Larry could secretly be working for a hard drive manufacturer,  you know maybe Western Digital or Seagate, and he's really only here to pump up product demand? 

Larry: "Yes,  that 500 petabyte Ultra-Mega-Deep 8Dio string library on a flash sale today for $30USD is a steal! It will pair very well with their new 2000 zettabyte Nano-Detail (TM) sampled drum library from last week." Come to think of it, I think Troels (8Dio) is part of this too.  All along sample libraries haven't even been the real point of it all; they're just a means to an end. Larry, 8Dio -- it's all just about selling more hard drives!!!

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, SONROSAS said:

This is the answer from the support... 

Screenshot_20221111-112227~2.png

this company is a joke and Customer Service unbelievable

they have sent to many people invalid serial numbers even that purchase was completed

its their problem and responsibility and someone should be fired. simple.

they should give all people who purchased it valid serials as a compensation.

2 hours ago, daveiv said:

@PavlovsCat what's your opinion about Karanyi's product strategies?

I wrote my thoughts on page 1.  Now, I've ran digital marketing -- including corporate and e-commerce at major brands and I founded my own dot com that came out of my writing on marketing strategy (my readers were largely marketing, PR and tech execs), so I have led a web-based business and spent more than a decade doing it for large global companies, so I have a lot of opinions on how things should work. When the business makes a mistake like this and runs a promo too long, the solution is simple, you honor your mistake. I own a marketing, PR, social media, SEM/SEO career portal, job board today that Money Magazine ranked at the top of their list for job boards for marketing and advertising pros a few years ago. We get job posts from companies that were subscribers of my publication (Google, Cisco, 3M, Microsoft, Intel, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, etc.) , a lot of the big tech companies, ad agencies, b-schools, etc. because their CMOs know me as a business thinker/writer/speaker. Sometimes a customer will do make a mistake on a job post and be upset about it and want a refund or extension and we also get some small companies that are looking for a very specialized skill set for a job in a less than ideal location that maybe also has a less than ideal salary range that don't feel they got enough job candidates or the right candidates and they ask for a refund (it doesn't happen often, maybe a handful of times over the course of a year. So even though I can see the problem was made on their end, I'm focused on the relationship and I have a partner company that has to agree to my decisions -- and in more than 15 years of our relationship, my main business partner (that is a much, much larger company that I partner with) has never once questioned my doing this; they're perfectly good with it -- so having a great, really upstanding partner is really important if you have a partner. But the result of doing this over the years? The companies that have an issue and want a refund or to redo a job listen (and even though I don't have a stated policy, I want to turn around their bad experience into one where they say, "Wow, when I thought they might give me a hard time, they were awesome!")  trust my company and will use us again and write up a positive review. They feel good about us when they may have otherwise not felt good about us and that matters. They feel we have their back -- and we do -- and it's in the long term interest of my business to do that, but I also do that for ethical reasons and because of my strong belief in treating others as you want to be treated (the golden rule, I suppose).

It doesn't relate to this, but probably the most mind blowing experience from my business and customer service style (and, FTR, 99% of the time,
 the customer support team interacts with customers, not me directly and they're super nice people and they'll come to me and ask me what I want to do, probably already realizing that I'm going to make the customer happy, even if they're the one making a mistake -- our customers are almost always employees and employees who make a mistake that costs their company money, especially when it's their fault, can be worried about the implications of their boss knowing they made a mistake; so that's also a factor in how we treat customers; we always try to think of what is best for our long-term relationship and NEVER focus on making a quick buck)? One of my most loyal customers is a former competitor of my business partner who they threatened to sue using my company's name as one of the parties to the suit around a decade ago. The CEO of the company threatened with the suit called me up, because he had known me and tried to work with my company, asking me if I was going to sue. I told him absolutely not, never. You have my word. He asked me if I could put that in an email -- because the courts do consider them valid in the US, where our businesses are based. I did. When he later sold his company that competed with my business partner and founded a new company that did recruitment advertising, he immediately became one of my most loyal customers. 

Now, I operate the way I do both out of my passion for ethics and my experience as a strategy and marketing director at various companies prior to founding my company. The bottom line is simple, always think about the long term relationship and treat people the way you want to be treated. A sample developer that screws up and extends a freebie offer too long merely should be extending that freebie to the folks that used the system -- as long as they weren't scamming the system, which clearly wasn't the case here. The Karanyi dev should be thinking about how much it costs to acquire customers and how he just had a bunch of new customers that looked like excellent future paying customers. Of course, there were existing customers like me that took advantage of the offer too, but it means the opportunity to upsell current customers to the extended version "Pro" of the synth in future upsell promos. Acquiring new customers is pretty expensive even with forums like KVR, VI Control, Cakewalk, etc.  and it often costs far more than $10 in advertising (including paid search) and PR efforts to bring a new customer on board, and now instead, he just put a bad taste in the mouth of a bunch of the very kind of people who is going to have to pay even more money to attract back -- if that will even work. Frankly, if this was my first experience with the developer, I wouldn't bother with him again. There's enough competition where you can find alternatives. The cost of creating a bad first impression with great prospects -- and us sample and plugin addicts are great prospective customers -- is far more than $9 per prospect. It's just bad decision making. Is it bad ethics? I don't think we could go that far. But it is plain and simple, really bad decision making. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Thank you for the response. It was an interesting read!

I notice so many mistakes like these from audio plugin/library makers. Probably because most of them are just one-man operations or tiny partnerships with company branding.

I suspect they forget how to be nice to people, after spending years on internet forums.

I can't count how many times I watched Blah Blah Sounds and Yadda Yadda Audio fighting each other like kindergarten kids on KVR.