Keyboard Shortcuts - how to build custom?

HOOK

I've read the manual on this topic, but I must be too thick skulled to figure out how to make a brand new set of shortcuts - or, more specifically, how to unassign shortcuts so that they stay that way permanently.  I've tried and failed.

I'm tired of fat-fingering shortcuts that hide the dock...or the control bar...or just about 75 other things I never intend to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

11 hours ago, scook said:

If you are losing 'Do Nothing' shortcut assignments remember:

when a feature, such as persistent shortcuts across sessions, is missing or not working, check your workspace setting.

Thanks.  I basically work from two screens on a single, custom workspace.  When I make these changes to "do nothing", do I need to overwrite that workspace before I exit, or will these changes remain in that workspace without?

T

11 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Bind the keys in question to "Do Nothing" in Preferences->Customization->Keyboard Shortcuts

Here's a similar request:

Thanks.  I didn't realize there was a "do nothing" choice.  I found one that looked blank and was assigning that to the shortcuts I was trying to get rid of.

Thanks folks.  I've been tweaking the global bindings this morning and it looks like it's keeping the settings.

Is it normal for Cakewalk to crash if you do a bunch of this at once?  I've seen two Cakewalk crashes while messing with this.  Once last night and once this morning.

Is this a bug?  Try to change the keyboard shortcut for SHIFT+V.  Immediate crash on two different systems for me.

EDIT:  I haven't checked them all....but everything in the list below SHIFT+V that I've tried crashes when I change it.

Edited by HOOK