Clean Reverb

Hi; On my channel 1, it is showing the name Clean Reverb. Do this mean  it is applying a reverb to the audio on the input? There are other options if I click on it, but I dont want any of them, but to add .VST plug ins instead. Regardless, I am able to add plug ins to that channel, but what the Clean Reverb option means? Thanks.

reverb.png

On 10/22/2022 at 10:17 AM, Victor Montanez said:

On my channel 1, it is showing the name Clean Reverb. Do this mean  it is applying a reverb to the audio on the input?

No, it just means that someone named the track "Clean Reverb." You can double click in that field and it will allow you to change it to a less confusing name. It seems that most of the tracks in this project have the names of common effects as track names, which I would find really confusing. As you have.

If you didn't name those tracks, then you must not have created the project yourself. Maybe you downloaded a project or template that someone else created?

Typically, tracks are named after which instrument is (or will be) recorded on that track. Buses, on the other hand, are often given the names of particular FX they host, like "Reverb" when they are used as sends. Perhaps the tracks in this template are intended to be renamed that way.

When you want to add FX to tracks, you do so with the FX rack, which is toward the center of each Console strip or to the right of every Track Header.