TTS-1 Edit Instrument

mooooo

I want to edit TTS-1 instruments but whenever I play them after I edited them, the edit settings just restart and I have to do it again. Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

image.png.c165b5c5fc85385a6be1fb38fc2e0b8d.png

image.png.e43a1963a51fe15f726cb0b221d3f8d1.png

I mean, whenever I press space/click the play button to start playing the song while the TTS-1 instruments are edited on the setting above, they just restart to default (zero) again!

The only solution I know is to freeze the instrument but I definitely prefer not to do it, because that blocks me from using TTS-1 edit automations on the instrument mid-song.

Edited by mooooo

Are there any MIDI CC events in the track?:

For Chorus > look for CC93 events.
For Reverb > look for CC91 events.

For Volume > look for CC7 events.

For Pan > look for CC10 events.

There may be others.

Also, check for MIDI automation nodes (These are different from those in the PRV or Event List View)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Promidi said:

Are there any MIDI CC events in the track?:

For Chorus > look for CC93 events.
For Reverb > look for CC91 events.

For Volume > look for CC7 events.

For Pan > look for CC10 events.

There may be others.

Also, check for MIDI automation nodes (These are different from those in the PRV or Event List View)

Not really.

The CC you mentioned actually are the ones that doesn't restart. The ones that restart are Filter, Character, Tone, Envelope and Vibrato CC, like the ones on the image above.

Did you save the edited sounds in a User Bank?

Saving User Sounds 

• Here's how you can create user sounds and drum sets by editing the sounds that are built into TTS-1.
    1. Click the Edit button in the Mixer window.
    2. Click the sound name, and select a sound from the menu that appears.
    3. Edit the parameters in the Part Edit window or Rhythm Edit window to create the desired sound.
    4. Click the Preview button to audition the sound you've created.
    5. Double-click the sound name.
    6. Input a name for the sound into the dialog box that appears. Note : The sound name can consist of up to 12 characters.
    7. Click OK.
    8. Click the WRITE button to access the menu.
    9. In the menu that appears, click the location where you want to save your sound.
    10. When the dialog box appears, click OK.

and did you change the preset being loaded from the factory bank and preset number to the one you saved?

Initial track preset:

image.png.f27556eb54d8b58f5873a9503326a98e.png

I just tested this and it worked for me when I stopped and restarted the project. However, when I saved the project and reloaded it, MyPiano 1 was no longer there.  Not sure why (yet).  

Update: I had to save the bank and re-load it.  Then, my tweaked preset was in the bank. But the preset widget still said Piano 1 (not the name I used).

Edited by User 905133
(2) added an image; (1) added a section from the TTS-1 help document

Back when I used the TTS-1 regularly, I'd usually add a CC value via the Event List to force any settings. Alternatively, you could add automation to the track to get the same result, which might actually be more useful for things like Vibrato that you might actually want to automate.

15 hours ago, mooooo said:

Not really.

The CC you mentioned actually are the ones that doesn't restart. The ones that restart are Filter, Character, Tone, Envelope and Vibrato CC, like the ones on the image above.

That's why I said there may be others.....  CC74, cc73, cc72, cc71.....