NanoKontrol2 Stopped working

rfssongs

1 hour ago, abacab said:

I have the NanoPad, but not the NanoKontrol. I would check with KORG to see if they have updated drivers.

Thanks but I do have the most recent one. (will double check again to make sure I have not missed something though)

16 minutes ago, rfssongs said:

Thanks but I do have the most recent one. (will double check again to make sure I have not missed something though)

Well I didn't want to say that Win 10 is supported until Oct. 14, 2025. So no reason to rush into Win 11 if stability is what you want. But I just did. MS growing pains, maybe?

Edited by abacab

55 minutes ago, rfssongs said:

It may never work on 11 again. I am so tired of these tech problems, I just want to make music.

That's a good reason not to jump onto the upgrade bandwagon before it is absolutely necessary. I value stability over the latest new thing.

• Great Idea 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

That's a good reason not to jump onto the upgrade bandwagon before it is absolutely necessary. I value stability over the latest new thing.

The reason I did it was for the windows arrangement options. Of course the amount of time I've wasted on this is far more than I saved with that.

• Like 1

Try ditching the Korg driver and just using the Microsoft class-compliant driver. If all you want is CC's, it should work fine. Of course, if you want to be able to use the remapping software that comes with the nanoKONTROL2, you'll need to switch back to the Korg driver for that operation, but then you can switch to the MS one after you're done.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

Try ditching the Korg driver and just using the Microsoft class-compliant driver. If all you want is CC's, it should work fine. Of course, if you want to be able to use the remapping software that comes with the nanoKONTROL2, you'll need to switch back to the Korg driver for that operation, but then you can switch to the MS one after you're done.

Thanks but I've tried that, still no luck. My gut feeing is that something went wrong with some internal windows setting.

I will live. I went for decades without it.

54 minutes ago, rfssongs said:

Thanks but I've tried that, still no luck. My gut feeing is that something went wrong with some internal windows setting.

Hmm. Then you've probably also tried the trick of opening Device Manager and getting rid of all of the old entries for the Korg.

I have a nanoKontrol2, it sure would be nice if Korg paid some attention to supporting it better.

• Like 1

Thanks to all commenters I seem to have things working now. I was uninstalling the driver but it seems that it just kept putting itself back again without me realizing it. Once I not only uninstalled it but also checked the box to delete it, the CC mode worked. So it seems, as suggested, the Korg driver does not work for me.

For those who are interested, I was able to to do a test on the transport where I changed a button to send a note & was able to set key bindings to a note. In this way it looks like I can program the transport to act a bit like a control surface. I used the cycle button as the shift note.

• Like 1