Help with prior versions and opening/splash screen

Mark Bianchino

Question

I have Sonar and loaded Cakewalk by Bandlab. I have the newest version of Cakewalk. All of  a sudden when I start Cakewalk it has decided to bring me to the old website and recommend I download Cakewalk by Bandlab...which I already have. I then close this window and now have no screen with my shortcuts to my projects old or the icons to make new ones. I have included screenshots to try to explain. I did uninstall and re-install Cakewalk by Bandlab. It using Windows 10 the latest update.  The 3rd screenshot is the first window. The 2nd is my start screen. The third shows I have Cakewalk's latest version. Thanks. Everything worked properly for a while and this just started happening recently. I did send a request to support by email also.

Screenshot 2022-10-03 124510.png

Screenshot 2022-10-03 124358.png

Screenshot 2022-10-03 124312.png

Edited by Mark Bianchino
additional information

2 answers to this question

I'm not sure if I understand your issues completely. Are they that you no longer see a Start Screen, and Cakewalk is launching a web page every time it starts?

If you want to see your Start Screen, select File/Start Screen. To make this permanent, go to Preferences/Customization/Display/Other and check Display Start Screen.

As for opening a web page every time it starts, I hope support were able to straighten that out for you. That's a new one to me.

It looks like it's launching the SONAR Platinum start page application instead of the Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) one.

I seem to remember a similar thing happening to me when OneDrive was set up on more than one machine with the same account, and it was clobbering the files on one machine with files from the other.

Re-installing CbB should fix this.