Magix Vegas Pro 16 Upgrade Offer

cclarry

Upgrade to VP 16 and get upgraded to 17 free

Work in the industry’s fastest cutting environment

Experience efficient video editing in VEGAS Pro.

The current version 16 offers unique and dynamic interaction between the storyboard and timeline – creating the perfect workflow. Along with precise motion tracking and Bézier masking, you have everything you need to achieve professional results fast. And with VEGAS Pro 17 you will be able to focus even more on your creative passion, not the process.

Learn more

• 3 weeks later...

How are you finding Vegas 16 Larry?

I recently tried using Vegas 15 for a project and was getting quite a few problems including hanging in the middle of rendering; the percentage complete stopped increasing and the time to complete kept getting bigger. This was something I found when I used it before which I never encountered with version 14. Looking online it seems the problem is quite common (also with 16). Of course it makes it even more annoying that you have spent quite a few hours editing the video to make it perfect only to find that it fails at the render stage 🙄

Anyway, I decided to try DaVinci Resolve 16 again and I have to say that it was a dream to work with and I got the project done really quickly after I watched one of the free tutorials here --> https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/davinciresolve/training . There are so many neat little touches that shows how much thought has gone into its development. The free version just worked without any issues and seems to have everything I need apart from DVD export (which I need occasionally to send family videos on DVD).  For these I found the quickest at converting exported 1080p footage to MPEG2 was an old copy of Adobe Premiere Elements I still had installed (TMPEGEnc is actually an old favourite but annoyingly I cannot find my license) and I can also use Magix DVD Architect to create better menus if needed.  

I don't have 16 ZT...I only have 15, and haven't had any problems with it.
I'd like to have 16, and the free upgrade to 17, but I simply can't afford it.
Most likely, when 17 is released, Humble Bundle will have 16 in one of 
those bundle buys again, and that's probably when I'll make the move to

• Like 1

Ah sorry Larry, thought you had upgraded to 16. 

Yes I will probably do the same re the Humble Bundle as I have quite a few existing projects in Vegas which I wouldn't want to have to re-create in DaVinci. 
I am hoping that Vegas 16/17 will bring back some stability for me and I'm quite happy to pay the Humble Bundle amount to find out (as opposed to the $150+ offer that Magix keep sending me).

• Like 1