Absynth Power Pack from PluginGuru, now Unified! $20

abacab

$20 until October 1st.

https://www.pluginguru.com/products/absynth-power-pack/

"If you have played thru the patches in Absynth 5, you will quickly notice it was voiced very heavily as an “out there” synth with spacey patches that are more useful as added sprinkles on top of a production.  My goal was to re-invent Absynth 5 into a thundering virtual synth capable of epic bassline wobbles, ferocious synth leads, wild FX, twisted vocalisers, incredible pads and more.  So in this library, I worked hard at turning Absynth 5 into an unstoppable main-room monster! This is still one of my favorite libraries ever because of how it transforms Absynth into a powerful synthesizer for ALL SORTS of musical jobs in many different genres.

Listen to the audio demos, watch the patch walkthru video (and the MANY other support videos including an interview with Absynth creator, Brian Clevenger!) and you will see that Absynth 5 is no slouch for any type of music production."

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

But... 
While this may work in Unify (as AFAIK Absynth works in Unify) it is not a Unify oriented patch set.

True, it's not a "Unify-only" patch set, since an external synth (Absynth) is required. I don't see any "Unified" presets for this synth either.

Correction: Skippy announced that he is releasing a new version of this Absynth Power Pack with "Unified" presets! Whoo hoo! :)

Edited by abacab

Umm... maybe... but nowhere in the webpage for this patch set does it mention Unify...

I think that the news about the discontinuation of support for Absynth has created an opportunity of interest in Absynth that Skippy is taking advantage of (nothing wrong about that) with this sale.

Note that I am not implying that these patches won't work in Unify or are any less awesome because they are not designed specifically to work in Unify.

Edited by TheSteven

39 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Umm... maybe... but nowhere in the webpage for this patch set does it mention Unify...

You may be right as far as the current version is concerned, but on his livestream today Skippy announced that he is "Unifying" these presets so there will be a Unify oriented version of this power pack very soon!

This original power pack was created over 10 years ago, when Unify may have only been a twinkle in Skippy's eye.

For $20 I am sure this will be a great deal for Absynth lovers, either way with Unify or not!

Edited by abacab

Email from Plugin Guru today:

The Absynth 5 Power Pack for $20 and now includes all 149 Patches in Unify format!

I have released an updated version of the Absynth 5 Power Pack V1 which now includes all 149 Synth patches in Unify format. I'm also putting it on sale for $19 off until October 1st!

If you own this library already, log into the PlugInGuru.com website to see the new download file named "absynth_5_unify_power_pack.zip" to download.

NOTE: on Apple ARM based computers, pitch bend down causes the volume to drop significantly. This happens in both Unify and in Logic Pro X when loading Absynth to a channel strip - so the problem is in Absynth 5 but at this point the problems won't be fixed because NI picked dropping Absynth 5 from their catalog over updating & supporting or upgrading Absynth.... very unfortunate.