Epic Free Game: Destiny 2 + Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack

abacab

Free until 8/30. Windows only.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/destiny-2

"Dive into the world of Destiny 2 to explore the mysteries of the solar system and experience responsive first-person shooter combat. Unlock powerful elemental abilities and collect unique gear to customize your Guardian's look and playstyle. Enjoy Destiny 2’s cinematic story, challenging co-op missions, and a variety of PvP modes alone or with friends. Download for free today and write your legend in the stars."

Edit: Disclaimer, this game is online-only and requires the installation of an "Anti cheat" program called BattlEye. https://www.battleye.com/

You will be prompted to install BattlEye upon first game launch. Also, the initial download is about 110 GB... the upside to that is probably no waiting between levels or quests or whatever... 😉

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Last Call said:

Awesome! Thx !

Well I thought it would be awesome fun, but ran into 2 things when I installed it.

1. I realized that it was an only online-only game, but the first surprise was that it's a 110 GB download! Wow! But I had some spare space on my data drive, so I thought I'd try it out anyway...

2. When I tried to launch the game, another pop-up installer said I would have to install "BattlEye", an anti-cheat app on my machine in order to play online. https://www.battleye.com/

Nope! I don't want any more services installed on my DAW PC. I suppose if I had a dedicated gaming PC I might consider it, but nope... 😢

Edit: I was also going to check out Fortnite, another Epic online-only game. But apparently it uses BattlEye as well. That sort of shortens my Epic games backlog a bit, LOL! :)

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I would like to notice a couple of things for anyone interested.

The offer is actually a paid DLC pack for the game that includes some cosmetics. The base videogame has been free to play for a while now (not the DLCs though).

Also for anyone interested in playing the game but don't want or can't afford 110Gb of disk or download (or the battleeye sh*t), the game can be played directly on Geforce NOW (free cloud gaming service). Just be sure to activate "Adaptative Sync" in the geforce now program options for the best experience.

Edited by Jeslan
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jeslan said:

The offer is actually a paid DLC pack for the game that includes some cosmetics. The base videogame has been free to play for a while now (not the DLCs though).

Actually all expansions are free to play until August 30th.

"Play Expansions Free Until 10am PT on Aug 30"

Edited by abacab

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Actually all expansions are free to play until August 30th.

"Play Expansions Free Until 10am PT on Aug 30"

Oh, I see. You are right, you actually even mention "Free until 8/30"  the very first in the thread. I totally missed that, my apologies.

Anyway, for anyone that wants to play it after that date, the base game is free to play at anytime. Weird thing for me is apparently it was just released in the epic store, I would swear it already was for quite a while. Oh well.

Edited by Jeslan