XLN Audio: Early bird sale - 50% Off

MusicMan

17 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

most of the AD2 AdPaks seem like toms were really unimportant to them. They really miss in that area, with some exceptions,  notably United Heavy, which sounds very 90s alternative rock. 

To my ears as a music lover, of all the ADpaks that are installed here, the tones of that United Heavy kit are the most appealing to me. Obviously they are not going to work on all forms of music. I don't understand the technical reasons, it just is what it is...

Although I'm sure that I could make Fairfax and Vintage Dry work elsewhere...

Edited by abacab

9 hours ago, chris.r said:

Then you probably don't have the funk kit..? ;) 

Thanks for the proposal! Yes, I don't have this one. Just now I have listened to the preview examples. It is definitely one of the better kits!

But I think I should use all the drumkits that are at my disposal today (XLN and others)! It's the same with FX plugins. I've reached a number that is just silly, absurd!

Furthermore I purchased the "Blue Acrylic Bass Drum" kitpiece pak (it's a Ludwig Vistalite Blue 22 X 16"). This one sounds quite okay (IMHO much better than the kicks in the Retroplex ADpak (Vistalite drum kit)!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, abacab said:

To my ears as a music lover, of all the ADpaks that are installed here, the tones of that United Heavy kit are the most appealing to me. Obviously they are not going to work on all forms of music. I don't understand the technical reasons, it just is what it is...

Although I'm sure that I could make Fairfax and Vintage Dry work elsewhere...

IMHO the problem is that the nice presets sound impressive on their own, but if you try to integrate them 1:1 into a song, then there are too many adjustments needed that you don't get a muddy, cluttered mix! That's why I prefer to have a clean, unprocessed drum sound from the VSTi. Then I am able to mix almost all kit pieces to my liking (with EQ, FX) and they really integrate into the song!

Me too, I like the Fairfax Vol. 2 and the Vintage Dry!

Edited by marled
  • Like 1