Sonuscore Orchestra rhythm problem

I  recently purchased " The Orchestra" from Sonuscore. Every time I load one of the orchestral rhythms, cakewalk plays the content of the track OK. However as soon as the track plays once through or is stopped, the rhythm disappears for all subsequent replays. Could other users of "The Orchestra" please let me know if they have experienced similar problems and how they might have fixed it. I am not sure whether this is a Cakewalk problem or a fault in The Orchestra software or something vey simple that I have overlooked. I thought I would try and gain feedback from the forum before going to Sonuscore. Thanks

"The Orchestra" is a Kontakt instrument. I seem to recall that some users have previously reported certain instrument parts becoming inaudible while using other Kontakt instruments in Cakewalk.

In this case, I would do a broader search in the Cakewalk forums, and include all results for Kontakt, not just "The Orchestra". I would also continue to look into scook's suggestion regarding the CC controllers. For example, is MIDI CC 7 or CC11 getting set to zero when playback stops?

https://anotherproducer.com/online-tools-for-musicians/midi-cc-list/

On 7/13/2022 at 12:16 PM, Cyril Johnson said:

Thanks for reply. I have explored the settings  in this area as suggested. No luck.

Hey Cyril - @scook had you right, it is that setting.  I use it on a fairly regular basis when I need some strings, they are using one of my tracks on CNBC promo  at the moment  that I wrote in Cakewalk using The Orchestra.

https://www.cnbccouncils.com/ceo-council/  

You need to untick it and it should work , but it 's a per project setting so it's a bit of a pain unless you make your own template. 

image.png.764823e55aada7788decff2156f827cd.png 

• Great Idea 1

Thanks for replies.  Mark, as I mentioned, this does not work for me. Unchecking the zero controller box has no effect.

ABACAB, I don't know how to access CC data and how to apply a fix once I know the data, so not something I can dive into with a great degree of confidence.

The advice I received from another forum from someone who had a similar problem was to sync the midi channels rather than use omni. This worked. At least it works most of the time. There are other scenarios which I can't quite pin point that collapse the rhythm display even when midi channels are synced. Perhaps not ideal but I can work with it at the moment .

6 hours ago, Cyril Johnson said:

ABACAB, I don't know how to access CC data and how to apply a fix once I know the data, so not something I can dive into with a great degree of confidence.

As both scook and Mark have said, the problem is likely the "zero controllers when playback stops" issue.

CC 7 (Controls the volume of the channel) and CC 11 (Expression is a percentage of volume) are the MIDI Continuous Controllers that set your MIDI volume and expression for that channel.

If Cakewalk sets them to zero (on a 0-127 scale) when playback stops, then no more sound will be heard from that channel, as level zero is silence!

6 hours ago, Cyril Johnson said:

The advice I received from another forum from someone who had a similar problem was to sync the midi channels rather than use omni. This worked. At least it works most of the time. 

It sounds like you may have another Vsti  in the project which is sending out CC data and because you have the midi in set to Omni mode , this data is being read by The Orchestra.