Rhythm Games

Gswitz

I have people I care about with Dementia. I play lumosity with them. It's kinda just fun for me on my own, but a little fun for us together... something to talk about.

Anyway, there is a game on there that gives you 2 finger rhythm patterns in 2 measures. Usually at about 90 BPM but it varies as you get to the harder levels.

I don't know why I'm such a spaz, but some of them are really hard for me. I'm getting close to opening up all the levels. The patterns seem randomized but are level appropriate. You don't see the same exact pattern very often.

It measures your accuracy on the beat and percentage of missed beats.

It includes triplets etc, but not really flams. The durations are like 45 seconds maybe? You don't get a lot of time to get it right.

So this brought me to a question... are there a lot of games like this? I really think it's cool practicing rhythms and getting rated on it. I enjoy it.

*Prepares for the inevitable replies by Sheens and Kenny!* 😬

😜

As for myself, I don't know of anything rhythm related other than what you get with Lumosity (which I used to use), but I definitely do a few games daily to keep the mind sharp.  My main games are Wordscapes (I play in their weekend tournaments and, out of the 100 players in my group, I've now won 28 of the last 30 weeks - with two 2nd's to cheaters - and am well on my way to another win today!😁); Sudoku Killer (actually a Sudoku variant called Killer Sudoku), Freecell (a solitaire card game - 14,269 wins with 0 losses!); Match Pair 3D (where you have to match objects quickly that are all piled together); Find the Difference (given two pictures, side-by-side, find what's different between them); Woodoku (a combination of Tetris shapes put into a Sudoku board); Connect Me (where you need to spin and/or move pieces until they fit together correctly); Memo Match (where you need to match two hidden objects quickly); and June's Journey (a hidden object game where you need to quickly find things).

Most of mine are aimed at keeping my memory, logic and pattern matching sharp.  It's definitely working and has helped tremendously!

Edited by craigb