Record Chrome browser audio?

WAJ

How can I have Chrome as an audio input to Cakewalk?  The Vimeo extension for Chrome captures stereo audio to a  .WEBM file, but none of my audio format converter apps will read.  Looking to capture browser audio to an audio track.

You need a audio interface with a Loopback feature.  This is the best solution. You need an audio interface anyway if you plan on using Cakewalk to its full potential 

Some sound cards support using “What you hear”   It would be in the Windows sound settings. 
I think Audacity can select desktop audio as a input source. OBS does for sure would be easier just to record using any thing but Cakewalk and import the audio.  But just this one situation is why having a loop back built in to your interface is cool. That way you’re working with ASIO drivers 

Edited by John Vere

Open Windows Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Manage Audio Devices.  Place the mouse cursor in empty white space and right click.  This opens a sub menu where you can enable audio devices that have been disabled or disconnected.  Some audio devices have a built-in "record what you hear" audio loopback.  If so, once it is enabled or connected Cakewalk should be able to recognize it as an audio device and use it.

Another way is to use a +++ virtual audio cable +++ that connects from your browser to Cakewalk.

Clipboard01.jpg