Audiomodern Random Generators Bundle Make Music Day Sale (Exclusive)

cclarry

This is still available and it's the same as last year's Black Friday price of €99.  To my knowledge, this is the lowest price it has ever been offered. 

The PB Playbeat 3 and Riffer bundle is $89.     Otherwise it's Playbeat ($79), Chordjam ($49) and Riffer ($49)    Playbeat is actually a few dollars cheaper on the Audiomodern site and the other two are a little cheaper on PB

Because of the Playbeat Lite giveaway on PB, I've been watching a ton of videos on Playbeat 3 and I've downloaded the demo.  The first thing you notice when you watch the demos is how much it has improved since the original.  Truly day and night.

The best new feature in Playbeate 3 is a "smart" randomizing algorithm.   This means you can pick some beats you like and then Playbeat will make new beats from them.  IMO this results in more musically useful results than any other randomizer I've previously encountered. 

As XO is my favorite drum machine lately--because it's good for using my own samples-- in some ways I think this might be better for me.   The randomizing of beats is far superior in Playbeat 3 and the randomizing of samples is better in XO.  Maybe there's some way to put that together.  But if I had to choose one thing, it would be the mechanism for making the beats. 

So far there are only four XO expansions and they go for $39, which is still a lot even when they're discounted.

Playbeat 3 has six free expansions and, so far, one paid one, which costs $5.  It seems likely they will keep releasing free and cheap expansions.  Also it allows you to create your own expansions, so there may be some of those floating around eventually. 

All of these can be easily randomized so that your beats are nothing like the originals.   The XO expansions are all kind of planned out with standard variations that you can choose.  Of course you can replace the samples in the patterns with your own, but it's still their patterns. 

If this interests you, then the Playbeat Lite giveaway on Plugin Boutique is something you should give some consideration to.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I just found out that this deal ends on 23:59 UK Time on the 1st of July.   I don't know if PB will even announce the July giveaway by then, but I am going to wait for the last minute to get this. 

Of course, as we all know from following this forum, there will probably be an even better deal on this bundle someday. 

• Like 2