She's In Love with Someone Else

Glenn Stanton

not literally, but rather, when you change and she doesn't... or perhaps vice versa. weirdly i played the guitar solo before recording the rest of the track.

as a note: i actually couldn't find the source mix (it's likely in storage on an older disk at the moment) but i had the raw stereo export and thought the bass was too dark, so i used my RX7 to rebalance to mainly bass. then imported the main file and the new bass file into CW. added some maxxbass higher end, a bit of saturation, and 2:1 compression 3-4db. then created a hole in the main track so only the kick was coming through below 100hz. mixed in the new bass until i felt it coming through and tweaked the overall eq on both tracks until it sounded like it belonged.  probably about an hour and one-half work total to "restore". 

so probably could fiddle with it much more (better extraction of the bass part, convert to midi, overlay other bass sounds, etc) but i'll wait until i get my disks unpacked to update it. it is useful (for me anyways) to know that doing raw stereo exports are a good safety net and i'm glad i basically do it at the end of a mix session in case something happens (like packing the original source files away...) and keeping at least 3 versions so a reasonably complete mix can be found...

• Like 2