Pro Tools Updated to 2022.4

cclarry

Looks like Dual XENONs are not supported for ProTools Studio.

Or maybe not.

Westmere CPUs (Xenons?) are supported. So maybe it's just a case of no real testing on older (mid 2012) machines. The supported machine Mid 2012 with Catalina 10.15.7 which is what I have.

Edited by Bapu

I should have thought of that when you posted, as I recall when Massive X came out, I could't use it on my older Mac cheesegrater with Xenons.

Please note: MASSIVE X requires an Intel processor with AVX or an Apple Silicon processor. On Apple Silicon machines, Rosetta 2 must be installed in order to install and use MASSIVE X. Native Access version 1.13.4 (R137) or higher is required to install Massive X on an Apple Silicon computer. 

57 minutes ago, Barrie said:

I should have thought of that when you posted, as I recall when Massive X came out, I could't use it on my older Mac cheesegrater with Xenons.

Please note: MASSIVE X requires an Intel processor with AVX or an Apple Silicon processor. On Apple Silicon machines, Rosetta 2 must be installed in order to install and use MASSIVE X. Native Access version 1.13.4 (R137) or higher is required to install Massive X on an Apple Silicon computer. 

Yes, I knew that too but no other DAW on my Mac crashed because of Massive X only the new ProTools Studio.