Runtime error!

El Orbhe

Question

Hi people! How are you?

Well, I just bought a new laptop Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Ryzen 5,  16 GB RAM, 256 SSD, 1 TB HDD to music production. I installed Cakewalk and I make some sessions test. At the beginnig works normally, but when  I applied the updates of the past week (or two) shows a window with a message where indicate a trouble with "Bitbridge" driver (view screenshot) and I never saw before with my old laptop even being so limited in its specs.

This is so frustrating because I never though that will have this troubles with a new PC and the worse is I have work to do and I can't finish it. I had searching about Bitbridge info, but nothing works to me and I had wasting so much time with this than creating music. I hope somebody help me and I will be thankfull with you.

Thanks since now. 

Bitbridge trouble.png

5 answers to this question

4 hours ago, John Vere said:

get rid of any 32-bit plug ins

This. There should be nothing you need that is only available as a 32-bit plug-in.

Modern Lost Angel is an effect that is especially unnecessary with Cakewalk. The much better CA/2A (also an LA/2A clone) is right there in your ProChannel, and it doesn't get any more compatible than that. I think the rest of Antress' FX are also 32-bit and they're mostly clones of hardware that other people have since cloned as 64-bit freeware. Analog Obsession is a good source of such things.

If you want to find good 64-bit freeware that's been checked out by other Cakewalk users, there is a thread in the Instruments & Effects subforum that has more than you could probably ever hope to use.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

This. There should be nothing you need that is only available as a 32-bit plug-in.

Modern Lost Angel is an effect that is especially unnecessary with Cakewalk. The much better CA/2A (also an LA/2A clone) is right there in your ProChannel, and it doesn't get any more compatible than that. I think the rest of Antress' FX are also 32-bit and they're mostly clones of hardware that other people have since cloned as 64-bit freeware. Analog Obsession is a good source of such things.

If you want to find good 64-bit freeware that's been checked out by other Cakewalk users, there is a thread in the Instruments & Effects subforum that has more than you could probably ever hope to use.

IIRC Antress did actually recently release their plugins as 64 bit, however it looks like their downloads have been removed:  http://antress.blogspot.com/ - I don't know if this is a temporary glitch or not.

[EDIT] - Apologies... I got them mixed up with Variety of Sound, which did re-release their plugins as 64 bit.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 3:02 PM, msmcleod said:

I got them mixed up with Variety of Sound, which did re-release their plugins as 64 bit

Whoa, talk about happy accident, I hadn't known that VoS had finally done that. I used to like a couple of their plug-ins back in my 32-bit days, especially Density, which I see is now 64-bit.

This is great information, and to @El Orbhe, Variety of Sound make some great freeware stuff, check them out.