Softube Introduce Vocoder

cclarry

6 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Imageline's 'Vocodex'. No real competition. But it takes a month of manual reading to understand it. It's a very deep plugin with enormous customization and modulation options. But it sounds absolutely incredible when you get the hang of it.

really liked this one as well but same , too limited imho

2 hours ago, Zo said:

really liked this one as well but same , too limited imho

How is a vocoder with literally more options than any other vocoder ever made "too limited". I don't think people really understand how complex that plugin is. It's a mainstay in EDM sound design for a reason. 

This guy spends 15 minutes covering what is probably 5% of it's capabilities - and just those features blow most vocoders out of the water:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

How is a vocoder with literally more options than any other vocoder ever made "too limited". I don't think people really understand how complex that plugin is. It's a mainstay in EDM sound design for a reason. 

This guy spends 15 minutes covering what is probably 5% of it's capabilities - and just those features blow most vocoders out of the water:

I remeber it was sounding great and powerfull , also conv8ncing , but i say limitedwhen i have something like vocalsynth with 5 engine a deeper fx section , edition for each engine as well as pitch correction ...(of the dry voice witch can help lol)

but thks for reminding us this one i remeber being impresseed by it giving the poor quality of some other fx in the bundle (some are superb like the wavecandy ) 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Carl Ewing said:

Use in Cubase without issue. (VST / Windows) But yes, it's only available for Mac inside FL Studio.

Thanks Carl... this info wasn't even available when I searched the product... It stated windows  & FL only

1 hour ago, Zo said:

I remeber it was sounding great and powerfull , also conv8ncing , but i say limitedwhen i have something like vocalsynth with 5 engine a deeper fx section , edition for each engine as well as pitch correction ...(of the dry voice witch can help lol)

but thks for reminding us this one i remeber being impresseed by it giving the poor quality of some other fx in the bundle (some are superb like the wavecandy ) 

Vocalsynth's Vocoder is pretty weak, and not that versatile. Yes, it's handy when you want a multi-effect with other non-vocoding features, but for straight vocoding Vocodex all the way. It would be like pulling up Byome for saturation distortion - sure it's got a bunch of other effects that are handy, but if I only want saturation distortion I'm going to open a dedicated plugin that is the best in its class. Having said that, I really like Vocalsynth, but not really for strictly vocoding duties.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carl Ewing said:

Vocalsynth's Vocoder is pretty weak, and not that versatile. Yes, it's handy when you want a multi-effect with other non-vocoding features, but for straight vocoding Vocodex all the way. It would be like pulling up Byome for saturation distortion - sure it's got a bunch of other effects that are handy, but if I only want saturation distortion I'm going to open a dedicated plugin that is the best in its class. Having said that, I really like Vocalsynth, but not really for strictly vocoding duties.

I agree entirely and good analogy with Byome! I have a problem with iZotope plugins as they degrade the sound, like eq's limiters etc...  Haven't been using iZotope at all for like 3 years now... but VocalSynth and Trash i like for mangling duties

The problem with izotope is the fx imho and presets ... i really start from scratch and use usually two modules ... 

But like always its a question of context , in tracks ovox was prefered because more modern ect ... and of course a question of taste ...

I will give the imageline a go again ;) thks for the reminder .

• Great Idea 1