(Not a Deal) PluginGuru Unify v1.8 is out

ZincT

Download from your PG account https://www.pluginguru.com/my-account/ or from https://www.ilio.com/unify-updates if you bought from a 3rd party.

Lots of great new stuff including a Load Random Patch option.

Change Log:

Version 1.8.0 (released 17 February 2022)

This update is recommended for all Unify users. It includes significant enhancements and important bug fixes.

• New feature: Key Zones
    • Patches can now optionally reference a "key zones" text file, which defines colored/named zones on the MIDI keyboard view in the GUI footer area.
    • When zones are defined, ops-menus for MIDI and INST layers include a sub-menu to quickly set the layer key-range to match any named zone.
  • New feature: Linked Media
    • Patches can now have associated media links, which can reference local image files or web pages.
    • Green border around thumbnail image indicates a local file link, blue border indicates a web link.
    • Click on thumbnail to open linked content.
  • New feature: INST layer titles automatically track name of the instrument preset
    • Explicitly adding your own title disables this (edit back to blank to re-enable).
    • Note not all third-party plug-ins report their current preset name to host.
    • Unify itself and Guru Sampler now do report their current patch/SFZ name.
    • Layer titles now update correctly when layers are rearranged/renumbered.
  • New feature: Global Gain control
    • Red slider next to thumbnail image, only active in stand-alone app.
    • Allows reducing output level to avoid distortion due to overdriving audio hardware.
    • Setting can be saved once the right level is found.
  • New feature: Random patch button
    • New "dice" icon between arrow buttons next to patch thumbnail image.
    • Click to select a patch at random from among those currently displayed in Chooser (lower half of sidebar).
    • Respects current Load-mode selection (menu at bottom-right corner of sidebar).
  • Patch Browser changes
    • All lists in Patch Selector (top half of sidebar) now update after you select a Library.
    • All lists in Patch Selector display a "Clear" button when any items are selected.
    • New "..." button next to Search text box allows selecting which fields are searched.
    • "Genre" items have been removed. (They were unused, and there was no way to set the "genre" field.)
    • Patch-load modes menu (bottom right of sidebar) now labeled "Mode", has an added "INST1 only" choice.
  • Guru Sampler
    • Numerous changes to SFZ file format, for compatibility with Bjoern's Sample Mapper.
    • Several bugs fixed, mainly relating to mono/legato mode.
  • Pump House
    • Smoothing checkbox added.
    • On by default: reduces DC clicks due to discontinuity between end of one cycle and start of next.
    • Switch off to restore original, perfectly sample-accurate modulation.
  • MIDIBox
    • Added rising-edge triggered parameters corresponding to next/prev track and next/prev MIDI file.
    • You can now use knobs and host-automation to select tracks and files.
  • MIDI Filter
    • New checkbox to filter out ALL note-events.
  • Bundled plug-ins
    • LoudMax updated to v1.4.1.
    • All MOrgan plug-ins updated to latest versions.
  • Smaller changes
    • Channel pressure (aftertouch) can now be assigned to any macro knob.
    • All pop-up (right-click) edit boxes now close automatically when you press Enter.
    • Mouse wheel now works in CC sliders in ShowMIDI View.
    • Ops menu for VST3 plug-ins includes "load .vstpreset" item.
    • ShowMIDI keyboard-size and number of CC sliders are now remembered for future sessions.
    • New setting to force embedded Unify layers to load with Master Effects layer enabled.

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

The random dice button is fun! :)

That combined with the embed patch mode - killer! 😎

The patch that Skippy comes up with in the video using Hive, Dune etc I now have recreated and saved!  

Edited by ZincT

5 minutes ago, abacab said:

Yup, tried that out with the newly "Unified" factory Phase Plant presets. BIG sound!!! :)

Having Phase Plant Unified is also killer 😀 

I love how the randomise feature works as you have a lot of flexibility over which libraries/patches it can choose from. 
This one feature should sell a lot of copies of Unify! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZincT said:

I love how the randomise feature works as you have a lot of flexibility over which libraries/patches it can choose from. 

I just tried stacking Phase Plant with Saurus, using a bunch of random presets from each.  Then soloed  each layer and deleted those that didn't work.

Ended up with a nice fat bass, lead, and riser stack, that I never would have discovered on my own! :)

1 hour ago, abacab said:

I just tried stacking Phase Plant with Saurus, using a bunch of random presets from each.  Then soloed  each layer and deleted those that didn't work.

Ended up with a nice fat bass, lead, and riser stack, that I never would have discovered on my own! :)

That's just it! You can build up amazing patches super quick, using all the synths you own, and quickly get rid of any layers that don't work. Brilliant update 👍

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 2