Jump to content
noynekker

Every End is a Beginning (New Mix, New Vocals)

Recommended Posts

New song idea, and a mix work in progress, trying to get the vocal clear and lyrics recognizable, let me know what you think . . . I'm at the point where I think I need to just sing it again, and hopefully pronounce clearer ? . . . but I'm not too sure . . .

 

Edited by noynekker
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could hear the vocals OK - I really like the track - think when this is finished it will be excellent.

with regard to the vocals, the only thing i would say is they sounded pretty compressed

if this were me, this is such a good track, i would sing them again - try and double track them possibly to help them cut through

Cool song

Nigel

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like Nigel says redo the vocal back off the comp and you have   good song here, will keep the furry ears out for the remix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great flowing song Bruce . Very smooth and it sounded Very well sung.  I think the vocals are just over processed. If it's not baked in I'd just pull the effects off and re-evaluate them. I think the pitch needs to be a Lot looser. They were just too perfect and you couldn't hear any climb up to the notes. Still , Very impressive especially for an early mix.  I thought all the instrumentation was Great.  I Loved the Surf sounding guitars.       Enjoyed it ..  mark

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I hear what others above have mentioned about the vocal - to me it sounds like auto-tune or something of that sort.  It is a good song - and the mix sounds pretty good to my ears. I like the main hook of the song - nicely done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bajan Blue

@Wookiee

@mark skinner

@Douglas Kirby

Hi all, thanks for the very helpful insights ! . . . as I suspected I will need to sing this again. I didn't use any magic tuning, but agreed there is a lot of processing junk on this . . . I used the autosnap feature, to bump up the tempo of the project about 5 bpm, so something happened in that process. I'm going to sing it again this afternoon at the new tempo, and hopefully get better results. Probably have to re-do the guitars at some point as well, but mostly the vocal.

Nigel and Wookiee . . . glad you liked it, encourages me to keep going with it

Mark and Douglas . . . I used to be a piano tuner, so have trouble singing real loose like a rolling stone :)

 . . . anyways, thanks again everyone, I'll post a new mix here in a few days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the guitar. I think the pre-chorus could be stronger. Chorus needs more triumph.
Sounds like 70s English songwriters like Nick Lowe, which is a good thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2022 at 6:38 PM, noynekker said:

New song idea, and a mix work in progress, trying to get the vocal clear and lyrics recognizable, let me know what you think . . . I'm at the point where I think I need to just sing it again, and hopefully pronounce clearer ? . . . but I'm not too sure . . .

 

I love your new song, bruce.  Great topic as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ant_in_wales said:

I really like the guitar. I think the pre-chorus could be stronger. Chorus needs more triumph.
Sounds like 70s English songwriters like Nick Lowe, which is a good thing.

@ant_in_wales . . . thanks for your comments. I think I get what you're saying about the chorus, maybe a bit understated, especially the first one shortened as it is. 

I'll think on that some . . .

When you say . . . "Chorus too short. Finish with "Every end is a beginning. Except Death [silence]?" . . . well, we may differ philosophically . . .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Sprouse said:

I love your new song, bruce.  Great topic as well.  

Thank you so much David for having a listen . . . I did sing it again this afternoon, and posted a newer mix, I think I got it clearer, and took Nigel's suggestion about trying some double tracking . . . but the ears are now dead from a long day's recording session, let me know what you think ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great singing, I must have caught vocal version 2.0 . . . Lyrics and feel gave me a Rush vibe, no finer compliment possible. Guitars are a treat. I agree you could ramp up and let loose in the bigger chorus! Easier said than done, but you will definitely find your way on this. Great song. Catchy to say the least!

cheers,

-Tom

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd definitely extend the chorus, and maybe use the pre-chorus section to build to it.

Every end is a beginning
Every good person is sinning.
Everything we've seen will come around again.
Every end is a beginning
Every loser's winning.
Everything's circular and comes around again.

(Except Death 😉)
(Or I certainly hope so.)

(Actually, those lyrics are rather cheesy, but so am I.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Noynekker,

Great song, very catchy, love the vocals and the guitar solo.

Great lyric writing matched with a great performance.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

best wishes 

paul

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing transformation ! Re- singing it made a Massive difference. An increase of a couple of bpm can be pretty transparent , but I've ne never seen it work on vocals. The entire mix sounded Way better. I Loved the outro. If it was there on the first mix it didn't have the impact this mix has. Maybe a little more thickening or "saturation" on the main vocals would be the only thing I would try for trying to raise the bar a even more.  Fantastic song !   Enjoying it ..  mark  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

Great singing, I must have caught vocal version 2.0 . . . Lyrics and feel gave me a Rush vibe, no finer compliment possible. Guitars are a treat. I agree you could ramp up and let loose in the bigger chorus! Easier said than done, but you will definitely find your way on this. Great song. Catchy to say the least!

cheers,

-Tom

 

@PhonoBrainer  Thank you Tom for having a listen . . . never been compared to Rush, weren't they something.  Every time I think how to make that chorus longer, I see that 5 minute pop song leering in the headlights . . . if only the attention spans of sapiens were longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Amazing transformation ! Re- singing it made a Massive difference. An increase of a couple of bpm can be pretty transparent , but I've ne never seen it work on vocals. The entire mix sounded Way better. I Loved the outro. If it was there on the first mix it didn't have the impact this mix has. Maybe a little more thickening or "saturation" on the main vocals would be the only thing I would try for trying to raise the bar a even more.  Fantastic song !   Enjoying it ..  mark  

Mark, many thanks for the positive feedback . . . I did add a hair of saturation to the vocal, and a few other tweaks, I'm still workin' it ! . . . and I uploaded a new 24 bit mix to SoundCloud, which is something I learned from you, I'm just trying to see if it sounds any better than the 16 bit mixes I've previously uploaded.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the feel of this. Noted the harmonised vocals to lend focus in key bits. Well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I missed the first mix and as said this is super close to perfect. I would push the vocals to the front just a hair more. Can’t understand lyrics on the lower notes. Good tune well done 👍🏻 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...