Acustica Fire Filter - First of the Fire One Knob Series

cclarry

What company that licenses " a name" doesn't pass that fee on to the customer?
If you purchase a "Major League Licensed Baseball" did you not pay the fee for that designation?
Of course you did, and you paid a premium to get that designation!  But the Company
had to pay the Licensing Fee up front, and that is the kicker!  If the Company doesn't
sell then they've lost money! It is the company that takes ALL the risk!  The Company
pays the licensing fee with the expectation of capitalizing on the "name", but it's still
the Company that pays the fee, and then hopes that they sell enough product to recover that
fee, so while you're technically correct, your assessment doesn't consider the risk factor that
the Company must bear in producing the product"!  The Company pays the fee REGARDLESS of whether or 
not the customer buys! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cclarry said:

That's what they ALL do...make money of other peoples hardware by "modeling" it.
However, in their defense they DO pay a fee if they use the same name...i.e...SSL, Pultec, etc...

Yeah very true, but at least algo devs have to go through the process of coding. Acustica just sample a unit and its done. I guess you're right though, thats the plugin business throughout and I'm just having sour grapes 😂

• Like 1