Pro Tools Perpetual license (maybe a deal)

Barrie

I have a Pro Tools Perpetual license with the support through Nov 2023 (just short of two years). I haven't been using it and was considering selling it. I was wondering what a fair price would be. The perpetual license goes for $599 with a year of support, with support after that $199 a year ($798 value). If I asked $575 which would include the Avid transfer fee, would that be a fair price? Are people still interested in the perpetual license, or are people using the subscription. Any thoughts would be appreciated. If this shouldn't be here, please feel free to remove it (or just yell at me, and I'll blank it out). Thanks.

Edited by Barrie

18 minutes ago, Barrie said:

I have a Pro Tools Perpetual license with the support through Nov 2023 (just short of two years). I haven't been using it and was considering selling it. I was wondering what a fair price would be. The perpetual license goes for $599 with a year of support, with support after that $199 a year ($798 value). If I asked $575 which would include the Avid transfer fee, would that be a fair price? Are people still interested in the perpetual license, or are people using the subscription. Any thoughts would be appreciated. If this shouldn't be here, please feel free to remove it (or just yell at me, and I'll blank it out). Thanks.

Typical "rule of thumb" is, when reselling software, half price is the best starting point...and works down from there...
Buyers are NOW exceptionally finicky, and even at half to 2/3's off, will not buy, as a sale will usually get them close,
and without the "transfer" hassles...

Pro Tools will usually sell used (current perpetual) for about $200 to $250...same as Cubase.
You can "ask what you want" but the likely of getting it is slim to nil....

I don't think I've ever seen Pro Tools perpetual go on sale (although I could be wrong). I may post anyway and see, if not I'll just keep it and possibly use it again. Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 1