Audio to MIDI

sadicus

I think the issue is your clip is stereo?  I’ve only ever converted mono bass or guitar tracks.
Also I don’t think you can use the drag and drop with drums. Especially if it’s a full kit. That would totally confuse Melodyne. 
Also I always drag it to a midi track not an instrument track but that shouldn’t matter but you never know. 
I would try and use drum replacer. But it doesn’t work well with cymbals or toms. 
If you didn’t know this trick I’ll also add You can create a midi track with drum replacer by dragging the drum replacer track to a blank midi track. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

It looks like the rendered midi has more than one clip created. For some reason sometimes when i render audio to midi, it will make midi from every single track in the project at the area of the clip I actually want to render. It will take a long long time and start producing clips with the rendering appearing slowly on the right end as in your pic. I think this has been discussed on the forum before. Not sure if this is your issue but the pic looks like what i get when this happens. As a work around, i copy the clip I  want to render past the end of the song, render it there, then put the midi where i want it. I have studio 5. 

• Like 1