This amazes me ...

Shane_B.

After all these years, after being banned, and even after it's been shut down for years I still have people listening to and downloading my Christmas music from the old song forum. I don't even know where the thread is anymore. And no, that's not code for someone go find it and post it. I don't even want to see it. Hah.

I get hits there regularly all year long, but it usually picks up around the holidays. I don't get it. I can't believe the links still work, people still find this stuff, and Box.net has let me keep files there for so long for free.

1096716593_boxmessage.thumb.jpg.92a192cb6f4e66b99dac4f67446b6c56.jpg

If you look at S1's start page it tells you how many times your songs have been listened to on Soundcloud. Over 1600 times for me and I have most of it set to private. Wish I got a piece of the advertising pie they are getting from people visiting their site and listening to my stuff there.

9 hours ago, craigb said:

Now you know what the internet AI bots like to listen to! 😁

That's exactly what I was thinking, but then I was like, nah, how could anything that didn't even know it was there find that on a dead archived forum. But yeah, I was wondering the same exact thing. It still blows my mind that even an AI bot would find it, over and over again. What's the point if you know what I mean. Maybe some kind of copyright sniffing bot.