Installing older cakewalk for Windows 7

John Bowles

Question

Hi,

I am new to Cakewalk and want to run the latest version that is likely not to give me any hassles running under Windows 7. I am upgrading from Audacity because I want to be able to do some quantizing and I am sure based upon this video that I will be happy with an older version.

I was reading that Cakewalk 2020.01 will work fine with Windows 7.  This product release history link does not have a direct link to download Cakewalk 2020.01.  This link told me Running a rollback installer will revert the installed version to the last publicly released version before the installed version of Cakewalk you are running.  So if I read this correctly I would have to do 10 rollbacks to get the version I want. 

Is there a way to go directly to the latest Windows 7 safe Cakewalk version, whatever that may be?

Thanks,
John

5 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I'll also suggest that if the current release continues to work well for you, save the installer.

It's my understanding that the devs will address issues with running Cakewalk on Windows 7, but they no longer test new releases with it.

Thanks Erik,

Yes I have the installer with double backup so far :-) 

It is working well so far. I am in the process of running through my Audacity cheat sheet notes and making a Cakewalk equivalent with its extra features. Nice stuff.

John

Edited by John Bowles
  • Great Idea 1