Custom Theme Incompatibility (Sonar)

sjoens

If you want to use themes made for CbB in Sonar, don't accidentally "move" them to Sonar's folder or they will be compromised when moving/copying back to CbB's folder.

This action seems to remove the newer custom graphics from the theme and will signal the Incompatibility window when applying them to CbB. You will have to remake the missing graphics.

:S

On 12/5/2021 at 7:24 AM, John Vere said:

I don’t even know what I did to get my Sonar theme working in CbB. It was a fluke

If you click through the incompatibility window, SONAR themes will load in CbB. The newer graphical elements will be replaced with Mercury graphics, so if your theme was based on Mercury, there would be no issues. Just save the theme using the current Theme Editor and you're fine.

• Like 1

Exactly I followed some sort of directions posted here somewhere and some how got it to work. But heaven help me if I had to repeat it.

All I wanted was a white background for the PVR 

I then did save that as a customized theme and transferred it to my other 2 computers. I hope I’m good for life as long as they leave things alone now. 😬

Edited by John Vere

55 minutes ago, John Vere said:

as they leave things alone now

I wouldn't bet on that! Theme compatibility seems to get broken about once a year.

But as long as yours is based on Mercury, the recipe is simple: open it in the current version of Theme Editor, then save it. The issue is that new graphical elements are added, and doing this adds them to your existing theme.

Doesn't the Mercury Piano Roll already have a white background? Or do you mean that you didn't want the black key rows to be shaded?

Edited by Starship Krupa

You can now change the PRV window colors with Preferences or T.E. for that theme.

My experience trying to use a CbB made theme in Sonar Plat and then the same theme again in CbB taught me some things. One is Sonar T.E. and CbB T.E. behave differently with their respective hosts.

Edited by sjoens