getting the module bar to remember its layout

Sion Jones

Wouldn't it be nice for this to just be in the normal menu system somewhere as well? I never even thought of looking for that little thing on the top right, since I don't bother with workspaces. Somewhere in View might be nice, and/or the right click context menu of the actual module bar.

People who aren’t bothering with workspaces are sort of missing out on how Cakewalk can be customized and saved. I think screen sets sort of failed because they were project only. It was a hassle to save and copy to a different project.
Therefore they came up with workspaces which are not saved with projects they are a global setting. 
The concept is simple. Create a screen set up you want with lots of details and save it. You only have to do it once if your set up never changes. 

Then if something buggers your screen set up  just re load your workspace. 

But that said if you never change you screen set up you can most certainly ignore workspaces and screen sets. 
Anyone who knows the hide show shortcuts C, I, B and D plus divider resizing can quickly change things too 

Edited by John Vere

3 hours ago, John Vere said:

People who aren’t bothering with workspaces are sort of missing out on how Cakewalk can be customized and saved. 

Fixed. 

Topic: getting the module bar to remember its layout

On 11/24/2021 at 8:28 AM, Sion Jones said:

How on earth do I get the module to remember its layout? Every time I restart Cakewalk, it's reverted back to default again.

JMO:  Learning the possible options for customizing the Control Bar would be a good step before tackling Workspaces. I think it sensitizes users to the amazing flexibility Cakewalk offers. Starting with the Control Bar might be better than trying to understand  Workspaces from the start.

Edited by User 905133
to add a comment on learning the options available with the Control Bar layout before learning to customize Workspaces