Harrison and iCon Alliance

cclarry

Harrison Audio LLC and iCON Pro Audio Form Strategic Alliance

Harrison and ICON to Develop Solutions for Music Recording Industries

Harrison Consoles (Headquarter: Nashville Tennessee USA) and iCON Pro Audio (Headquarters: Hong Kong) have announced a strategic alliance to jointly provide high performance professional audio products to the
Music and Recording Industries.

The new alliance will combine the legendary reputation and expertise of Harrison in high performance professional audio technologies, with iCON's expertise in design, manufacture, and distribution of a broad range of music technologies to provide a new selection of integrated solutions. The first two projects will incorporate tighter integration between iCON’s control surfaces, and Harrison’s Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs) and cloud-based broadcast systems, plus the bundling of a new Harrison plugin with iCON’s audio interfaces and midi controllers.

By working together, the teams at Harrison and iCON have developed deeper compatibility between Harrison’s Mixbus32C DAW and iCON’s QCon and Platform lines of MIDI DAW controllers. Additionally, iCON’s QCon Pro X is now the recommended controller for Harrison’s cloud-based broadcast system MixbusVBM.

The Harrison 32C Vocal Intensity Processor (32C-VIP) is a voice processing plugin that offers a quick and easy way to enhance the quality of spoken voice. It can be used for editing audio recordings or for processing signals in real time. This plugin will be available on the Harrison website, but also as an add-on for iCON’s audio interfaces, control surfaces and MIDI keyboard controllers.

32C-VIP contains the following elements:
• A Leveler for controlling the dynamic range of the audio signal
• Harrison 32c High and Low-Pass Filters for cleaning up any unwanted frequencies
• An RTA with pre and post filter displays for visualizing the spectral characteristics of the processed signal • A K-12 Meter that displays the level of overall output and helps keep the signal within the target range.
• A built-in limiter that prevents the output signal from clipping.

30 minutes ago, Bapu said:

So now I have to replace my FaderPort 16 when I want to use MixBus/MIxbus 32C?

LOL, that was my first thought as I just purchased a used FP 8 though it's at Presonus ATM under warranty.  The recommended QCon Pro X looks interesting with overlays for S1, Samp Pro, Reaper, and other DAWs (not CBB) - I'm assuming they'll soon have one for MB.

QCon Pro X

Edited by Fwrend