Tracks don't remember Patches

tdehan

I am working on some MIDI tracks and using TTS-1 for my MIDI instruments.  I've created 5 different tracks assigned to different MIDI channels.  When I select the patch for each track using Track Browser everything is fine.  When I save and re-open the project however, none of the patch information is saved.  Everything reverts to PIANO.  What am I missing?

I don't think this video shows the issue.  I have also had the issue where I have various vst instruments. I save the project and open at a later date and while the instrument is correct, the sound bank is completely different. I use a Korg M1 vsti quite a bit and it seems to lose the patch a lot. It will default back to Universe, when all along I was using  a completely different patch.  No rhyme or reason why it happens. It usually doesn't but sometimes it does.  Its hard to find the original patch at times because there are over 1000 patches. 

fwiw, I've noticed this recently as well. Specifically with SGear and a PA Console as well as the Korg M1 on the very few occasions it's seen use. Not sure about Bank/Patch selection, but in my case, the settings have been tweaked and saved as a custom preset, and at times the project has loaded with some other preset, most def not the one that was expected. 

It might be triggered by some combination of FX disable or Track Archive/Freeze, haven't had a chance to do any meaningful troubleshooting yet...

Or some glitch with VST3 presets? (still complaining about PA plugins in Cakewalk.)

Edited by jackson white

20 hours ago, TVR PRODUCTIONS said:

I don't think this video shows the issue.  I have also had the issue where I have various vst instruments. I save the project and open at a later date and while the instrument is correct, the sound bank is completely different. I use a Korg M1 vsti quite a bit and it seems to lose the patch a lot. It will default back to Universe, when all along I was using  a completely different patch.  No rhyme or reason why it happens. It usually doesn't but sometimes it does.  Its hard to find the original patch at times because there are over 1000 patches. 

Agreed!