Updated Cakewalk and Now No Sound

Dean

Every Thing was fine.  There was a notice to update Cakewalk, so I did.  Now I have no sound when trying to play my songs.  I checked for muted speakers.  I checked for Focusrite drivers and for updates.  Checked all my wire connections.  Checked Audio inputs and outputs.  Checked Sound and Video controllers.  Said they were all working.  I tried recording an audio file which it did.  But no sound when playing back.  I tried different settings on songs recorded say from 1 to 3 with Focusrite.  Checked Audio inputs and outputs, sound video controllers.  Focusrite control input settings analogue 1 inst-air, output routing analogue 1-2 stereo.  I listened to a music C D which worked.  Since my system uses  a receiver I have it hooked up to tape monitor 1.  I made sure that was on.  I am probably missing something but I don't know what.

Thanks

I don't know how to.  I tried to use one of your tutorials.  But the tutorial wouldn't download.  

In one of the postings I saw a similar screen and an arrow that went from the "A" track to the "audio" track.  But I had no idea why he was showing that.  Does the image give me any clue if the master bus output is there?

image_2021-08-12_174016.png

17 hours ago, Dean said:

I don't know how to

In an audio track, an audio bus, or a soft synth output track, clicking the output name will bring up the available outputs. Change it to Master or whatever other destination you need.
I can see in your image that there is indeed a Master bus.
Typically, you would direct all of your audio tracks to busses, i.e. all guitar tracks to a Guitar bus, all vocals to a Vocal bus, etc. Then all busses would be sent to the Master bus which outputs to your main output, your sound card or audio interface.

Double-clicking a track or bus name will allow you to name it whatever you want. If your preferred template doesn't have a Master bus, you can Insert a new bus and name it, or rename one of your current busses.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dean said:

I don't know how to delete images.  Ignore the bottom two.  Just the one with the red circle.

When you edit the post, if you posted the images directly, at the bottom there should be images with trash cans. Click the trash can in the lower right to delete.

image.png.5854baaeffb0c52b9974d1b9c9f50f34.pngimage.png.050165a09dbe2e19fcc1fc59a90788e9.png

Edited by User 905133

In your screen shot with red circle there is nothing chosen for the master bus output.  Change the master buss output to the output your studio monitors are connected to. 

Oddly in the other 2 shots it looks like you have selected output 3+ Normally we hook out speakers up to output 1/2/ On mine it would say Focusrite OUT 1

But looking at your tracks ,  they look like they are going directly to Focusrite something. They should be going to your Master buss. Are you using ASIO? Those output numbers look wrong for ASIO. Your device list should look like this. And you can see in the background what my outputs look like. All tracks and sub busses go to master and the master goes to your interface. 

Screenshot (131).png

Edited by John Vere

This what I have set up with Focusrite.  I am assuming this is 1 and 2.

This is a shot of my preferences

The third is one of the songs.  I changed the input and output to 1

Are any of these correct?  Why do you have a green bar across the top of your preferences?

In the audio track should the master be chosen to the right of your MOTUM Se where mine says Input 1+In  where it says Output 1+ ?

Screenshot (41).png

Screenshot (42).png

Screenshot (43).png

Screenshot (45).png

Everything looks correct in the screen shots. If you activate the metronome during playback using the toggle do you hear the metronome? You should if you have headphones or if your stereo amp is connected to output 1/2 of the Focusrite. 
I don’t see any audio tracks or any VST instruments in the screen shots so not sure if this is your project off rig just a blank template 

Edited by John Vere

• 2 weeks later...

After staring at your screen shots and trying different things (all wrong by me of coarse) I decided to contact Focusrite.  Just to see if I had settings correct.  After over 2 hours on chat he or she got focusrite  set up correctly.  I couldn't tell you what they did.  I was able to hear through the headphones my songs!  So I can now record and hear my instruments, Korg EX, Korg Z1, Casio WK-1200 and mic or guitar.  I can't hear through my stereo though.  But I will keep looking to find how to wire that as I had it before.  I just want to thank you for all your help!