My New Video: How to Use UVI's METEOR

Reid Rosefelt

if you like the silly side (ie LOUIE LOUIE) side of my videos, you will enjoy the first minute and the last few seconds of this one   I try to keep it amusing all the way through, but I had particular fun in those two places.   These parts are really stupid, even for me.

As most of you know, METEOR is software that combines risers and impacts. The gimmick is that it lets you choose exactly how long the riser is in seconds or beats.  It's very powerful and when I started researching other videos I discovered that there were excellent videos out there that showed all the features.  I didn't see the point in doing the same thing.

So I messed around with it for a week or two to see if I could find something personal to add.  And that's what this video is about.  It's not really a training in the features of METEOR, so much as my discoveries about its workflow. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Ranbdomisation started with dev being lazzy to create patches ..but ended up being usefull !!

With this particular one the randomization is more useful, because you're making noises instead of musical sounds.  There are so many surprises.

And I didn't get into the modulation parts of this, which may be one of the coolest parts.

Very good video, but I'm not convinced this thing is much more capable than the combination of a lo-fi mic, hitting a xylophone with a cucumber, and the most basic sampler.

Glitchmachines' stuff is in this same category of "fun and useless" (to me) too.

If you're a pro SFX designer then I bet these tools pay for themselves.

3 hours ago, sarine said:

Very good video, but I'm not convinced this thing is much more capable than the combination of a lo-fi mic, hitting a xylophone with a cucumber, and the most basic sampler.

Glitchmachines' stuff is in this same category of "fun and useless" (to me) too.

If you're a pro SFX designer then I bet these tools pay for themselves.

I’m not somebody who’s interested in crafting sound design, just somebody who uses sound effects constantly in my YouTube videos.  So for me it’s fun AND useful. As are libraries like ProjectSAM’s Animator, which I used  3 times in this one.