Move "Cakewalk Content" foler [SOLVED Thanks scook]

To move the entire "Cakewalk Content" without messing with SONAR/CbB setups use a directory junction.

For example to relocate "C:\Cakewalk Content" to the D drive -

• Use Windows Explorer to move the "C:\Cakewalk Content" folder to D:\
  • Open a command window as administrator and type: mklink /j "C:\Cakewalk Content" "D:\Cakewalk Content"

• Thanks 1

There is only one "Cakewalk Content" used by all Cakewalk DAWs and CbB.

It is defined in the registry entry

ContentDir

in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software

All Cakewalk DAWs and CbB have version specific folders in "Cakewalk Content" along with the Theme Editors,  Rapture Session/Pro and a couple of other Cakewalk products.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, scook said:

There is only one "Cakewalk Content" used by all Cakewalk DAWs and CbB.

It is defined in the registry entry

ContentDir

in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software

All Cakewalk DAWs and CbB have version specific folders in "Cakewalk Content" along with the Theme Editors,  Rapture Session/Pro and a couple of other Cakewalk products.

I am a bit confused by this statement! I have several of the folders that are originally located under "Cakewalk Content" put to another location and changed it accordingly in "Preferences > File > Folder Locations" and it seems to run correctly? Is it wrong what I am doing?

Folder Locations in preferences are version specific. Some have defaults under "Cakewalk Content" but may be relocated anywhere available to the application.

Still there is only one "Cakewalk Content" folder, the one specified in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software" ContentDir.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1