MAJOR BUG for Devs

Dave K.

Hi all,

I discovered a huge problem for the devs to fix.  To start, I need to refresh my activation for Cakewalk by BandLab.

However, when the "Sign in" window pops up within Cakewalk so that I can log into BandLab, I can't actually log in.

What's happening, is that the keyboard hotkeys are still mapping to functions within Cakewalk, but aren't inputting in the Sign In screen.  My BL username has a 'c' in it, so there's no way I can even input my username to log in, because every time I hit 'c' the Control Bar in Cakewalk toggles on/off.

I'm experienced enough with the software that I know to use the offline activation method.  But there's no reason to assume a new user will know to do that.  We have a major hurdle to actually using this software that's gotta be fixed!

While I'm thinking about it, I think maybe this is generally a bigger issue that comes up infrequently.  My last posted thread was directed to a similarly-bizarre issue where the keyboard couldn't be properly captured because of window priority/focus.

This might be one of those boring "under-the-hood" things that users don't notice or care about, but devs should still pay attention to because they can seriously break the software.

The issue quoted has already been solved for the next release as reported in the thread scook linked. The resolution for now is to use BandLab assistant to activate.

If you are running Windows 7, this is a reminder that Windows 7 is not actively supported or tested by Cakewalk (or Microsoft) so you use it at your own risk since issues like this can crop up.

• Like 1