Whenever I export my final master it sounds completely different to how it does in the DAW

Stewart Cormack

Question

For whatever reason, when I export my song from cakewalk the audio sounds terrible. Not sure what the point was in me spending hours mixing and mastering just for it to sound completely different when I export it. Cakewalk seems to have a mind of it's own half the time ahaha, can anyone solve my problem? Just want to finish my song and finally get it released, but I can't because this is delaying the whole process. Frustrating would be an understatement...

Edited by Stewart Cormack

9 hours ago, Stewart Cormack said:

Ah okay interesting, thank you very much. So I should lower the reverb and compression, and change the EQ?

From that small intro I've heard, Yes.

How it sounds with all the other elements, is a different story all together. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

13 hours ago, John Vere said:

My video was about on board computer audio. It was not about using an interface. If you had told us what you were using I would not have waisted time explaining about that. But I had to assume on board otherwise. I have stated the correct driver mode twice already. 

I don't know why you would assume that if I'm honest, an audio interface is fundamental for home recording lol

Edited by Stewart Cormack